Tail tidy

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
adamski

Tail tidy

Post by adamski »

Hello, has any body fitted a tail tidy to the scrambler/sport/ models. Or is it a doit your self job as their does not seem to be any maufactures out their supplying tail tidy brackets for Morini.
corsaro chris

Re: Tail tidy

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Adamski and congrats on your first post!

Look at this link - which is to the thread below on "some one off custom work" by Mark from NI.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1297

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
adamski

Post by adamski »

Thanks for the reply only the link referes to a seat cowl project not a tail tidy. I just presume every one knows what a tail tidy is. Its when the rear no plate holder that big plastic lump that hangs off the back of the bike is removed for a more sutle substitute, manufactures like R&G make lots of diffrent brackets for loadas of bike's only not Morini as i guess theirs not enough of them to warrent the run costs. I am going to make some enquires and if i find any news i will post it.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi,

Im still working on the seat cowl, coming along nicely, just dont get a lot of time to work at it.
I have been after a tail tidy too, and even considered making one aswel when ive finished the seat cowl.
The issue is that the plastic that the number plate attaches too goes up and around the brake light. My solution was to get a second unit but with MM not producing at the min its abit hard to pick one up.

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
adamski

Post by adamski »

Found this picture of a Moto morini scrambler with a home made tail tidy, gives you an idea before you hack off the rear end.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1072611850 ... directlink
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Just found this on google, was the painted rear end that caught my attention first but then noticed the tail tidy

http://www.brunomoto.it/uploads/moto/iT ... C01007.JPG

mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro