waterpump

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Bulletje75

waterpump

Post by Bulletje75 »

Hello

Does anyone of you also have a waterpump which is making a lot of noise? It is working very well, but makes a alot of noise.
morini_tom

Re: waterpump

Post by morini_tom »

I wouldn't say the water pump on my corsaro makes a lot of noise but you certainly know it's there. I asked about this and also the noisy clutch (sounds like a release bearing) at the 6000mile service and was told it was normal.

If you're in any doubt then it doesn't look too hard to pop the waterpumpcover off to check
Bulletje75

Post by Bulletje75 »

The cover is damaged, but not leaking. I'm afraid when I take it of and put it back that it goes leaking.
I dont hear noise from the gear box but realy from the waterpump.

But I onderstand the waterpump makes some noise? Before the morini I had only motorcycles from Japan, so I'm not used of it.
twisty

Post by twisty »

where is the pump leaking from :?:
Bulletje75

Post by Bulletje75 »

It's not leaking, but making a noise. And I want to know if more Morini's make "this" noise?
twisty

Post by twisty »

i take it then you've done the old stethoscope trick with a long blade screwdriver to identify the exact place the noise is coming from.

Had a look at the workshop manual and it shows the impeller is on the end of a shaft from the engine.

It's not difficult to remove the water pump cover to have look for play in the shaft (if you've not already done so)
Bulletje75

Post by Bulletje75 »

Today arrived a new cap. So now the mechanic can open the waterpumpcap en replace it. And ofcourse check the impeller. Hopefully the noise will dissapear.
Bulletje75

Post by Bulletje75 »

The new cap is on the bike. The mechanic did not see anything strange and he thinks the sound is very normal for a MotoMorini. So I think I have to believe him.