Morini 1200 parts availability and interchangeability

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
morini_tom

Morini 1200 parts availability and interchangeability

Post by morini_tom »

It has been suggested that we collate a list of common parts and suppliers for the watercooled morinis, to help us to keep our bikes on the road, and to help where parts availability is sketchy.

There are various threads on the forum but to keep everything together and easy to find I am going to set up a page dedicated to it on the MRC website (in the public area so it will be open to all).

If you have sourced parts (either genuine Morini parts, identical OEM spec from another bike manufacturer, or non-identical parts which can be modified to fit) then please let me know what parts and where from and I will add them to the list.

Equally, if you have sourced parts which have turned out not to fit, then it would be useful to know that info too.

I've said it before but I'll repeat it here- many parts on our bikes are common to other bikes; wheels, forks, brakes, seals & bearings etc etc, and so sourcing from elsewhere is not unreasonable. HOWEVER, without the factory in business there is a whole host of stuff that will not be available and could easily put our bikes off the road forever (major engine components, swingarms, fuel tanks etc). SO, we should, where possible strive to support the Morini factory. Personally I'd rather pay an extra fiver for a set of brake pads to come in a Morini blister pack if that helps the factory to pay the bills, but I know that's not always an option for everybody so I think us compiling the list is a good idea.

You can either PM me or email webmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom and I will begin to build a database

Thanks,
Tom
morini_tom

Re: Morini 1200 parts availability and interchangeability

Post by morini_tom »

All,

The parts interchangeability page is now on the club website here: http://www.morini-riders-club.com/thebikes/parts.html

I've been through the forum and I think I have included everything posted to date. Please let me know if you have any additional parts information, and do feedback on the format if you want it ordered differently etc.

Tom
mikebn

Re: Morini 1200 parts availability and interchangeability

Post by mikebn »

Hi
My 9 1/2 Moto Morini 2006 fan relays are the same as VW Audi part number IKO951253

Mike
Hi i own a 1976 morini 3 1/2 sport wire wheels disc brake front,