Does anybody know the history of this 9 1/2

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Arthur Farrow

Re: Does anybody know the history of this 9 1/2

Post by Arthur Farrow »

Hi Pete,

good to hear from you. Voxon died ? I know the factory went bloop but thought the bikes bulletproof
God save the King (& my pistons)

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Arthur Farrow wrote:Hi Pete,

good to hear from you. Voxon died ? I know the factory went bloop but thought the bikes bulletproof
It started to make an ominous rumbling noise at about 4000 rpm and bronze coloured flakes appeared in the dry sump oil strainer. To cut a long story short it seems the first 100 built are now know to have suffered from a supply of flakey bearing shells. If I'd done more miles on it when I first had it I might have got it done under warranty. As it was, faced with a 3000 euro rebuild guesstimate plus not knowing when or even if the parts would even be available I decided it had to go. If the factory had survived I probably would have kept it. A Voxan enthusiast local to the dealer who got it for me in Limoges bought it off me as he had already rebuilt an early Cafe Racer and wanted a Roadster. I miss it. The Shiver isn't much slower and is far more competent a bike than i am a rider, but just doesn't have the same "je ne sais quoi" :wink: The two Gilera GFRs parked along side the wee vee fulfill my need for exotica these days. There are possibly as few of those surviving in the UK as there are Voxans on the road here.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi Arthur,
Glad to hear someone on the forum bought my old baby, pained me to see it go and then come back up for sale again.
You will love it, its a great bike, not as focused as the corsaro but still plenty of go. I had a short blast on a corsaro and regret not looking for one when I sold the 9 1/2 as a step up but thats the way things go, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
When I sold the bike she did have a morini tank cover but I sold the bag to Paul. I believe he has fitted a rack for luggage.
I also had Tuono bars and a micron exhaust on her at one point, made some noise.
Hope you get a blast before the winter really sets it.
Enjoy

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

The bike seems to still be for sale on Ebay, unless they have 2.
Let me know how you get on with it, especially 2 up.
George.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
Arthur Farrow

Post by Arthur Farrow »

No they only have one and have not taken it off e bay !!

Im not sure Ill be riding it much 2 up but might try just because I can.

Despite owning a Yamaha FJR 1300 probably my most popular pillion riders bike is a Vincent Rapide. Quite comfortable, small , light, low and sexier than the Brazilian beach volley team....and there are quite a few on this forum that own em.

Variety is the spice of life.
God save the King (& my pistons)

ARTHUR

0771 007 8586
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

Arthur Farrow wrote:Variety is the spice of life.
It really is, we all have favourites, and mine always have been the Hondas' I've owned. They got me to and from work as an apprentice without any hysteria, they allowed me to visit friends as a young man all over the country without letting me down, they took round Norway, New Zealand and most of Europe effortlessly.
So I'll always thank Mr Soichiro Honda for his dedication to the common man and his Dream.
Now of course I have something exotic in the garage, something of which to enjoy the power and spectacle, noise and speed. I love my Corsaro and I still adore my Fireblade.
As I am sure you do with all your machines.
Enjoy the freedom that it gives us.

Cheers
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
brianh0_4

Post by brianh0_4 »

Are you allowed to swear on this forum??? H___a. I hope my mum doesn't see that!!! :roll:
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

brianh0_4 wrote:Are you allowed to swear on this forum??? H___a. I hope my mum doesn't see that!!!
HeHe!

Guess if your'e worried about your Mum you shouldn't be allowed a bike, let alone a Honda! and especially not a Corsaro!!

:lol:

I think the above quote was "Variety is the spice of life".
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Surely we shouldn't be allowed the use the 'D' word on this forum?

I quite like H*o*as, they are good quality motorcycles..... the Corsaro reminds me of the same quality. Much better than other Japanese bikes I've had in the past.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Arthur,

I'm pleased you closed the deal and now own one very clean 9 1/2.
Having spent the weekend on the club stand at Stafford I can tell you that the bike will attract plenty of attention.
I could have sold mine several times over the weekend, so the Veloce might not be so difficult to sell after all.
I hope you enjoy the bike :D .

Regards

Paul