New 91/2 owner

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
redcastle

New 91/2 owner

Post by redcastle »

Hello everybody.
Nice to find a Morini forum and I thought an introdution might be nice

Im the proud new (to me) owner of a 91/2. Just to put a bit of meat on the bones I also have an R1200GS thats done 31k over the last couple of years.I have been looking for something else for some time. Money was an issue but I was made an offer I couldnt refuse so here I am. The 1200 is a fantastic bike but has a slightly agricultural feel and isnt the most reliable bike on the planet. The 91/2 has certainly ticked all the boxes

First let me just endorse what V-fun said about the 91/2. I thought it was a great write up and pretty well hit the nail on the head. Fun in spades. The more I ride it the less less the 1200 gets used im afraid.

I have a small problem which I think is fuelling. The fuel injector light comes on intermittently and the engine dies, apart from that its just a fantastic ride.

Now, wheres my chain lubricating kit :)
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Hi Redcastle, welcome to the forum and the world of Morinis.

How are you finding the fuel consumption ?

Several of the Corsaro owners are finding the full power 1200 a bit thirsty, is the lower power (but still 120hp :shock: ) motor the same ?.
redcastle

Post by redcastle »

Initially Steve I was getting approx 35mpg but was still learning to ride the thing and loving the sound of the exhaust on full chat. The last tankful gave a little under 40mpg but I filled up today and have got more used to the torque so Im hoping for over 40 but I'll keep you posted.

The GS gives about 48-50 making progress but Im not expecting that from the morini. The V twin just loves the rev's and it seems mean not to let it have its head from time to time. :mrgreen:
redcastle

Post by redcastle »

Nope, 40.5 mpg riding at steady 70/80 with burst to 95. Bit of town and filtering. Conclusion seems to be 35 if you cane it 40 if your reasonably steady. As an aside though Ive just ordered an stand from stuart at NLM and he tells me there is a mapping coming out in the next couple of weeks that should help the MPG for my bike and presumably the other 1200's in the range

:)