Help

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
redcastle

Help

Post by redcastle »

Went out yesterday and disaster. the display fluctuates all over the place, 0 mph when doing 30 200mph :shock: when doing 0 etc etc, yellow injector light coming on and then going off. Gear indicator all over the place. Bike seems to be running ok so what gives ??

I mean, be fair I would love to be capable of doing 200mph but thats a bit of a fantasy

dry weather checked all cables etc............ideas appreciated

thanks folks
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi redcastle

Sorry to hear of your display problems; must drive you nuts!

I have not experienced anything like this on my Corsaro.
Which, as you know has the same instrument cluster.

This sounds like a faulty sensor or maybe an integral fault with the bike's
instrument module.

All I can suggest is that you return to the dealer, as soon as you can: Spurious warning lights can hide a real problem and I would feel uncomfortable riding the bike like this (apart from the obvious risk of getting caught for speeding!).

See if they can store the '200mph' in your trip; that should give you real street cred! :lol:

'Chin-up' and hope you get this sorted soon.

Best Wishes
Stephen R
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Hi redcastle,

this is a common failure with the corsaros. It is the rear wheel speed sensor which seems to be especially fragile. I'm on my second! hopefully Morini are sourcing a more reliable replacement.

3X have them in stock and they are (obviously) free under warrenty. They are very easy to replace, On the corsaro it's the black sensor mounted to the rear caliper bracket with an allen bolt. Follow the wire up the swingarm and frame and you will find it's plugged in with a black and yellow AMP supaseal connector behind the little triangular infill panel on the right hand side of the seat. I imagine it's a similar setup for the 9 1/2.

And I logged 244mph on my corsaro when mine failed. I guess that's the extra 20-odd hp over the 91/2 coming into play!!!!

best of luck with the fix!
redcastle

Post by redcastle »

See if they can store the '200mph' in your trip; that should give you real street cred!
Yep, got my riding buddy round to see the look on his face,

thanks for your help both of you, Im booked into Quarrry bank m/c for tuesday but after morini-tom's input will ring three cross and see if they will stick the offending bit in the post and see if that cures it

thanks again for being so quick with your replies :D
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Yes - I had this after the last service - the indicator recording 200 max - it'd be a bit embarrassing if you were ever stopped by the Police (did it on the Island, officer, honest... :wink: )

Also - watch out for the main beam coming on unannounced if you ride in heavy rain - a tad frustrating :oops:. The cure, as ever, is a liberal spray of your favourite water displacer or WD40 over the switch.

We need some keen sole to troll through these tips and record them (perhaps your dad, Tom???)

How is the 9.5 Redcastle - any chance of some thoughts for the MRC mag, A Tutto Gas?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"