1200 Sport Ridden

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
V-Fun

1200 Sport Ridden

Post by V-Fun »

Took the '1200 Sport' for a ride on Saturday -Having spent a whole day looking at it, at Beaulieu.

It is clear that MM are making good progress with new models:
The fact that 'Sport' is agile and has punchy performance is a given; but what did impress me was the fuelling and a perceived improvement in 'fit and finish'.

Those that have seen one of these bikes will know that it has real prescence.

The White blue/red colour scheme is stunning - Perhaps the green/yellow with white frame will have a different appeal?

I have not ridden the bike on the Motorway - Bit at high A road speeds the cockpit fairing does a good job of deflecting wind blast.

Would recommend taking one for a ride and at £7999 it is fair value for a bike that would probably be a 'keeper' and the same price a Ducati's 'Sport Classic'.

Be great to hear what anybody else thinks?

Regards
Stephen R
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Post by SteveMRC »

Here's a couple of photos to help you decide. Thanks Chris :D

Green/Yellow

White/Red/Blue
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Great photos!

Well done Chris and to Steve for posting them...

Regards
Stephen R
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

The photos are from Morini - some-one there has the same taste as me - I love them!!

(Did I just say that? - I've bought a Morini for heavens sake... :roll: )

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

1200 Sport

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

I believe the Morini Sport will be featured in the magazine Motorcycle Sport & Leisure later in the year. The bike arrives tomorrow for a couple of weeks and should receive an encouraging write up. I know when MSL tested the Corsaro a number of the editorial team were surprised how good the bike was. I'm not sure how many miles will be on the clock but I'm sure I will get the chance to run it in. I will let the forum know how it compares with a standard 9 1/2. :D
V-Fun

Post by V-Fun »

Hi Emo
Looking forward to reading your comparison.
Although I have ridden both the 91/2 and 1200 Sport, there was too much of a gap between rides for me to give a good account.

Incidentally: MM have now sent over the seat cowls for the 1200 Sport and they are a sort of cut-away design, showing some of the seat underneath.

Haven't got any photos and have only seen the green/yellow one fitted to a bike, as 3X's white/blue models are out for press evaluation.

I like it, but will be interested to hear what others think??

Regards
Stephen R