Reliability, Suitability?

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
joc

Post by joc »

Many thanks for doing that, useful info.
joc
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info. I have decided to keep the old Morini and will look elsewhere for a Beemer replacement. I have heard horror stories of the newer BMWs not being up to standard, so will be looking to the East. It is a shame that Morini have designed what looks like a good quality product but have fallen into the trap of producing an engine suitable for the racetrack. A missed opportunity in my humble opinion.

Mike.
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

From conversations I have had with a number of owners it appears that all the new bikes(i.e anything 1200cc) are more fuel efficient at higher revs, so chugging round in top may not be the way to extend the tank range. (pulls up a chair)
Henrik

Post by Henrik »

I posted this on another thread, but I suppose it is pertinent here too.

My Corsaro which is now reaching 9'000km, has been giving me a fuel consumption recently of just over 6ltr/100 km. Just yesterday I filled it up after 208km, and I was able to put in 12.5 ltr in the tank. That would imply 130 miles for 12.5 ltr. So, if the 9.5 has a 21 ltr tank, and gets a similar fuel consumption (I would think it could be better given the tune of the engine) yoiu could do some 350km or 219 miles with it.

This consumption has been with commuting, so mixed riding with some bad inner city stuff too. On brisk weekend rides, I get even less consumption.

So, it would seem there is a lot of difference from one bike to another. Mind you, when I first got it, the figures were quite different!
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry you won't be riding Morini (well not the 1200 any way) seems a shame but then again it can't be all things to all people. Henrik was right in that fuel consumption does vary however I'm not sure this all down to riding style, a new rear tyre after 2,500 miles tells me that I should do as Dave suggests and chugg around in top gear. I might not improve the fuel economy but at least the rear tyre will last longer.
Anyway I hope your search will be rewarded and you will find that genuine tourer you are seeking. :D

Regards

Paul

ps May be the factory visit will give us some indication of Morini's future plans. That bike may be out there but still at the development stage. Chris will no doubt report on this later in the year.