Footrests

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Ariel

Footrests

Post by Ariel »

I have been hankering after a 9.5 ever since the first photos came out. Having ridden one I'm keener than ever, however the footrest and bars don't work for me; the 1200 Sport handlebars do. So, has anyone tried fitting Corsaro footrests to a 9.5 (not worried about pillion)?
Emmohaswheelsagain

Footrests

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Not sure if any one have changed these on a 9 1/2. Certainly I have never considered this option. I have looked at the standard bars and do understand that the Sport bars (and the exhaust) can be fitted to the 9 1/2.
I decided that the solution to the bars was to opt for the screen. You may consider this, they are well made and compliment the bike particularly with the luggage. The pillion footrests are a problem particularly with the high level exhaust. I have been offered the option of making one footrest slightly longer to allow the pillion greater comfort and stability. I have modified the seat by inserting gell and at the same time removing the hump on the pillion seat. Whilst a major improvement this bike will never be a comfortable ride for a pillion and works better one up.
I hope this information helps.

Paul