9 1/2 coming

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi Paul,
Glad to hear it is common things that are happening and not just a 1 off that no one has come across before.
Slowly getting to grips with the tires, still want them gone, but for now they are working.
You are right about thrilling, good run up the cost road the other day was very enjoying, and had the bike out yesterday in the pouring rain, still found it very stable and enjoyable, until I tried to come out of a corner as if it was dry :roll: , but still great even in poor conditions.
Really enjoying the bike now, I just want to start playing with it and giving it things to make it a wee bit different.
Cheers

mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Mark, Paul;

For what it is worth, the 9.5 and Sport share many things - but tyres isn't one of them. The Sport runs the Diablos from the Corsaro range, and feels the better for it.

They might not be "good enough" for the Corsaro now - but they work well and might suit the 9.5?

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi Chris,
thanks for that info, thats good to know. Ill keep that in mind

Gona get pics up soon, been a bad boy :twisted:

Mark
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Just thought I would post a pic up of how she is sitting at the min, well pretty close, got rid of the big number plate and reflector to tidy the back end up a bit

Mark
Emmohaswheelsagain

Photo

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

Good photo, bike looking well and like the exhaust. You are obviously enjoying the bike from the colour of the downpipe. I hope to get out on mine at the weekend to enjoy some of this autumn sunshine.

Safe Riding

Paul
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi Paul,

Exhaust is brilliant, really changes the bike and I think looks very smart when you see it up close, pic doesn't do it justice.
Oh I am, just shy of 2500 miles and going strong.
Lucky you, we have rain rain and more rain, dont no when, or even if, the bike will move again.
Enjoy it if you do get out.
Cheers

Mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Mark N.I. wrote:Exhaust is brilliant
Hi, did you also change something on the inletside and mapping to use this exhaust? And in what sense did it change the bike?

cheers,
Hans
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hi Hans,

Nope so far its just the end can, havent touched anything else.
Its just smoothed it out a little and picks up better, probably all in my head but does seem to have made a difference, and the noise is just great out of it :twisted:

Mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Mark N.I. wrote:and the noise is just great out of it
That's the part I like best ;-)

I can read Micron, but what model is it?
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

It is brilliant Hans, proper V-twin now, riding along in 6th and as you roll off and change down for roundabouts etc it just pops and farts and sounds the nuts.
I couldnt tell you to be honest, its a carbon fiber oval race micron I got off ebay, saved a fortune and its perfect fit, look and sound.
Cheers

mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

OK, I'll look out for one that fits
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Hans, it really simple.
I found that 1 on ebay, had been looking akrapovic cans too but they went for too much money.
The inlet on the can needs to be around the 48-52mm size, I think that one was 52mm, then got a spacer made up and once the clamp goes on, tight tight. The pipe from the cat to the end can is 48mm you see however even the standard can had a spacer to give a tight fit.
Cheers

Mark
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

R plates are gone, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :P

mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi Mark and others,

I've got myself a Termignoni from ebay. It came from a Corsaro Veloce, was adapted for a Granpasso and now it's on my 9 1/2! I believe it has the same effect you have. it seems to be breathing better. The rumble is awesome, that's for sure.... I'll get some pics or youtubethings up here one of these days. My original exhaust has a gasket"ring" to fit the whole lot. The ø is almost the same

Hans (if you listen well you can hear thunder from the other side of the channel :twisted: )

Mark N.I. wrote:Hans, it really simple.
I found that 1 on ebay, had been looking akrapovic cans too but they went for too much money. The inlet on the can needs to be around the 48-52mm size, I think that one was 52mm, then got a spacer made up and once the clamp goes on, tight tight. The pipe from the cat to the end can is 48mm you see however even the standard can had a spacer to give a tight fit.
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Oh nice find, good buy Hombre, it will make you grin all day long.
Yeah get some pics of it up, be good to see.
That ring was an aspestos gasket, goodbye :lol:

Mark