9 1/2 coming

Anything to do with the 1200 'strada' series
hombre

Post by hombre »

It 's in need of a heatshield, that will cover the bad spots where the old mounts used to be as well, but here it is:

Mark N.I.

Re: 9 1/2 coming

Post by Mark N.I. »

Very nice, good find that.
Yeah heat shield in carbon would be sweet.
Get another pic up side on when you get the shield.
Good work

Also whats it like to ride without the screen? I have just taken mine off but bike wont be back on roads to spring as they have started to grit the roads here and its really bad.
Cheers

Mark
9 1/2: by no means a lesser Corsaro
hombre

Post by hombre »

I don't know what it's like to ride it with a screen, but in general the wind blows straight into my face with smaller fairings like the original one for the 9 1/2, so I'd like to keep it that way. I also use a jethelmet which keeps me away from speeding tickets... :roll:
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for that Hombre,
I have the screen but find at high speeds its not great and like the look of it without it.
Do you have the wee fly screen?
Cheers

mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

Nope no screen for me...
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Well been a bit quiet on here lately.
The bike is in the house, hiding from the crappy roads.
But I have been busy with it, cleaning the crap out of it, screen is gone and so are the mirrors, much cleaner looking front end now :twisted:

Mark
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Mark,

Well done Mate, even I would find it impossible to move the bike into the house. It certainly makes cleaning and working on the bike so much more bearable. It might be age but the garage has felt just a little cold lately and I have prefered to stay in the warm. Not sure if I would get rid of the screen and mirrors though but I would agree that the bike looks good in its true naked form. Already planning some trips out for this year including a trip to visit our Dutch friends in May. Looking to go from Hull so you are welcome to join us. I believe it will be the weekend of 15th/16th May although this is still subject to confirmation. Dates will appear on this site and in ATG nearer the time.

Save riding

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi,

The weather here is keeping me inside also, but I had the time to fix the heatshield to my new exhaust, get the Camel going again and.... I am expecting a 501 one of these days for a new Camel project. So I won't have time to get bored! :-)

I did a few km's on the 9 1/2 last friday and that was nice, but the small snowflake on my display said it all...

It would be nice to see you folks over here in may. It's not confirmed yet indeed, but it will be announced asap...
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hombre;

Several of us are interested in coming over (I'm planning to ride with Diane on pillion, and would like a nice hotel to stay in close by...). It would aslo be good to catch up with Mark and Paul - another Morini meet far from home!

As soon as you have the date agreed put an announcement on the site - I am presuming that the main event is on 15th May now.

Like you I had the bike out recently, but boy, is it cold... :roll:

Good riding, and roll on roads with no salt...

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Mark N.I.

Post by Mark N.I. »

Thanks for the replies, and thanks for the offer Paul, which I could come with you, unfortunately its an extra bout trip for me and im only working part time, would love to get the bike away though, someday I will get away with you all but.
Also I think the North West 200 will be the 15th may :D
Well its in the front room where no one ever goes, the Guzzi is under the stairs, and the BMW is in the main room :roll:
Im on the look out for a small flyscreen for it and I fitted one of these, 2nd maybe required later:

Agreed, lets hope this is the last true cold weekend and I can push it back out soon and hear the roar :twisted:

mark
hombre

Post by hombre »

corsaro chris wrote:As soon as you have the date agreed put an announcement on the site - I am presuming that the main event is on 15th May now.

Hi guys,

I can confirm that the date of 14-15 may is for sure now. The 14th will have a tour in the Dutch mountains :wink: followed by a barbecue. On sunday there are races at Hengelo (Open Dutch championship I believe). There is a camping near the circuit (about 11 km's from Laag-Keppel where the meeting is held). Watch http://www.motomoriniclub.nl for more info.

See you all then...

Hans