Single Seat

Show us your projects and restorations
MarkB

Single Seat

Post by MarkB »

I know some might think it's sacrilege, but as someone has already stuck a 501 engine in the Strada, I thought a single seat might add to the antisocial image... Fibreglass seat unit from NLM, with a bit of cutting and fibreglass to clear the mudguard, Halfords spray paints and masking tape, with a couple of La Strega stickers, plus some help from RK Leightons for the upholstery, here it is. Not perfect, but I did it!

"I'll have a V please, Bob."
pedro

Re: Single Seat

Post by pedro »

Very good job, Mark.
That's the great thing about a non standard bike, you can do what ever takes your fancy without the purists saying "that's wrong"
Although to be honest Morini people don't seem to be like that anyway, unlike my other club where the "experts" seem to delight in pointing out improvements as being "wrong".
The seat and the bike both look lovely, if you ever get fed up with her, get in touch.
All the best
Pete
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Pete. Cadwell next year?! (I think you've got rather more ground clearance for cornering, so that will be my excuse!)
acemorini

Post by acemorini »

Very nice looks treat it really fits the look of the bike. Regards Pete.
Moto Mark

Post by Moto Mark »

Great job, looks like the factory did it.
Pat

Post by Pat »

That looks a treat, I am currently sorting my seat, it looked ok and was all day comfortable but having piled on the the "kiloflogs" over christmas running in, the cover developed a couple of splits. Making some rearsets too as I just can't get on with the tarrotzawotsits so off came the seat for a spruce at the same time. I think the seat base must be made out of scrap fiats from the early seventies!! The underside was fine, little bit of rust but under the seat foam was a horror show. Have spent the last two days sanding down to bare metal. Spot welding some reinforcing plates and fibre glassing in all the additional holes obviously added at a previous "restoration" I am going to paint it today. Are all seat bases like this?? I am trying to keep her as she is in terms of appearance but would love to have another 3 1/2 to add some "modifications, a seat like yours would be on the list, cracking job!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

The whole job looks great Mark, nicely done. A quick question, did you ever use that 350 engine you had from me? I have a cunning plan...
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Thanks Steve. I haven't needed to use the engine yet, but I never know when it might be needed. You mentioned a cunning plan...?!
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MarkB wrote: You mentioned a cunning plan...?!
Yes, but it will have to remain secret for now-I need to get some other ducks lined up too. The engine is merely one solitary duckling. You won't need that engine Mark anyway. You covet your bikes and a looked after Morini never needs a replacement engine. I am hoping to create another bike, a standard engine will do just fine. Just think about how much room that spare one takes up, the dust it is gathering and the fact that a static unused engine just deteriorates slowly. Best let it have a new lease of life somewhere else. Somewhere nice, like Leicestershire perhaps? :wink:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Well, you're very persuasive and flattering Steve! Let me know how the plan progresses... With the extra garage space I would have room for a unicycle.
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

MarkB wrote:Well, you're very persuasive and flattering Steve! Let me know how the plan progresses... With the extra garage space I would have room for a unicycle.
I know where there is an under-used unicycle, could do a deal, maybe? :wink: PM on its way.