"Abandoned" 350 K2 project

Show us your projects and restorations
AntietamClassicCycle

"Abandoned" 350 K2 project

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

I've been working on a customer's 350 K2 off and on for the last several months. First "phase" was to get it running and then move on to making it roadworthy. It didn't take a lot of work to make it run - replace the timing belt so the cam actually turned, rewire the transducers so that it would fire, clean the carburetors and adjust the valves (exhausts both had nearly 3mm clearance!). It now runs very well, with steady tick-over and revs nicely. Shifts up and down through the gears well, no funny noises.

At this point the customer decided he didn't want to go any further and the bike was for sale. The price was reasonable, so I bought it. I am once again the owner of a Morini! :D Kind of appropriate that it's a K2, since that's what I owned previously. That K2's "stablemate" at the time was an '86 Guzzi Le Mans 1000 and I recently bought another of those too. It's like 1988 all over again. :wink:

As seen on Craigslist last year:

I plan to leave cosmetics pretty much as they are for the time being and focus on getting it roadworthy. Then maybe this Winter the bodywork will go off to my painter for a respray and I'll tidy up the rest as time allows. Sure to be fun in any case.
chirpy999

Re: "Abandoned" 350 K2 project

Post by chirpy999 »

Nice one Dude, A morini is a very rare bike over the pond. Keep us indormed of progress with plenty of pictures. Id get rid of those pod filters and get a standard airbox, there was one on Uk ebay the other day try serarching for it it might still be there. :D
AntietamClassicCycle

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

There's an ever-growing list of "wants" including a stock airbox and breather box as well. Once I have a complete list of needs, i'll post in the "wanted" section.
hendre

Post by hendre »

I have the breather box, might even have the airbox...
lawman

Post by lawman »

Hey Hendre,

Any update on where you are up to with the K2?

Thanks

Frank
V Twins howl in the morning!
hendre

Post by hendre »

nowhere... it is not my bike :mrgreen:
it's AntietamClassicCycle's