Electronic ignition for 500

Show us your projects and restorations
rossguzzi

Electronic ignition for 500

Post by rossguzzi »

Anyone have experience with these ?
https://www.elektronik-sachse.de/shopsy ... to-Morini/
I have been researching ignition systems for a Ducati 450 project and someone recommended these. Then I saw they have them for Morini too. Just wondering if they are good ?
Cheers.
hendre

Re: Electronic ignition for 500

Post by hendre »

There is a dutch bloke sorting out a affordable 500 ignition system, SWF Ignition sytems. He makes systems for Guzzi and britt bikes too. You can contact him on mail@swf-ignitionsystems.nl
I know him well, he uses my spare part supply to have the system fit perfectly :D
julianharty

Post by julianharty »

I bought a 350 which has the Sachs electronic ignition fitted by the previous owner (who didn't seem to actually ride the bike at all). I've had various reliability issues with the bike as the bike was poorly maintained before I bought it so it's been hard to determine whether the ignition is 100% reliable when I have had to deal with super-worn tappet rocker arms, exhaust threads coming out and taking the rear downpipe with it, replacing the carbs, etc. etc. I can tell you that the company is responsive and helpful and they agreed to provide a replacement pickup for the cost of the postage even though I hadn't got any proof of purchase. So far the longest trouble-free ride I've had on the bike is about 200 miles (320 km), so for me I've yet to reach the level of reliability of the bike (including the ignition system) that I'm seeking. As it's one of several old cantankerous bikes I use it may be a while before I ride it enough to decide the ignition is brilliant. I'll try to remember to update this thread as and when I do.
97kturner

Post by 97kturner »

Hello from the US, I have the sache ignition. My 350 sport never ran this good. The compression is raised (cylinders milled) mikuni carbs and custom Jemco 2 into one. Starts easy idles at whatever rpm I want. I can’t speak to reliability bike mostly goes to shows,only ridden around 500 miles a year. I am the original owner. Oh it’s a 78. Keith in pa