Paddock stand - Abba

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
Thatch

Paddock stand - Abba

Post by Thatch »

I see on the parts compatibility chart that the Abba superbike stand (#72) is listed as fitting the Corsaro. Is there any reason this same stand wouldn't fit the Scrambler as well? I'm imagining the swingarm pivot is the same ID. I'd think any major issue would be the lifting height.

Anyone know if this will work or not?

Thanks
butchamphib

Re: Paddock stand - Abba

Post by butchamphib »

Scrambler swing arm is different to corsaro. North leicester do a basic paddock stand for Scrambler.
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Thanks. I was hoping to find something like this as a good lift solution though. Can't swap out the rear with a normal paddock stand though. I wonder if I give them the dimensions if they can find one that might work for the scrambler.... I'll contact them and see since they've got a solution for my other bike as well.
nickst4

Post by nickst4 »

No knowing if Thatch made any progress on this, but I've found Abba's adaptor #061 fits both sides pretty well: I had them already because of another bike spec. The fit on the swingarm nut on the NS is a bit tight, so I skimmed maybe 0.5mm from the bore of one #061.

As Thatch guessed, once they are clamped securely in place, the stand is suspiciouly easy to raise because it doesn't lift the back tyre fully off the ground! Nevertheless, it supports the bike upright very securely and I'm expecting that some bits of timber beneath the legs will allow me to remove the back wheel.

For the front, I shall see if the range of adaptors I have for my steering-head lift will work. Interestingly, using that on a Cagiva Raptor 650ie totally disguised the handling problem I had with it, which was down to notched steering races. Bloomin' thing hated slow corners but is now a dream! Excellent bike, by the way, and the Suzuki SV650 motor finally got the chassis that it deserved. :D

Nick