rear brake sensor?

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
Thatch

rear brake sensor?

Post by Thatch »

I was showing off my Scrambler to a friend this weekend and as we were pouring over the bike he noticed something that I had up till then not... an electrical line coming from the rear brake caliper. It looked all the world like it was part of some ABS sensor setup (which of course we don't have on any Morini). I didn't have long to check it out in detail at that point but it's gotten me curious. Does anyone know what the line is coming from the rear caliper?

Thanks
Thatch

Re: rear brake sensor?

Post by Thatch »

Sorry, slight clarification it's not on the caliper itself, but on the mounting bracket. Here is a picture.

Is it just the speed sensor?
Chips1953

Post by Chips1953 »

That is the sensor for the speedo, it does seem susceptible to being crushed with the tie wraps that secure it to the frame. I had a problem with mine and re tie wrapped it along it's length to the socket which leads on into the main loom.
How is the Scrambler?
I have a Corsaro, enormous torque.
Singer 185K
Wheel Horse commando 7
Honda SS90 1965
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

On my Corsaro you have to be very careful with the Paddock Stand that it is clear of the cable... it does look vulnerable.
Thatch

Post by Thatch »

Thanks for that. It seems an odd placement for a speed sensor, (compared to other bikes I've had.

Sorry for the late reply, got hung up with the holidays. Thanks again.