Scrambler for Sale in Devon

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
corsaro chris

Scrambler for Sale in Devon

Post by corsaro chris »

Browsing e-bay (as you do) I note that there's a white / red Scrambler for sale down in Exeter, Devon, England. It's not cheap at almost £8,000 but it is said to be a 2011 model and has a very few miles on the clock...

If any one looks at it, let us know what the story is...

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
toggy

Re: Scrambler for Sale in Devon

Post by toggy »

That's been around a while ,and will continue to be at 8k . Its on at £7500 on auto trader.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bikes ... =69.922824

There is a more reasonable one at £4900 ,although it's advertised as a corsaro ,numpty!

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/mcn/bikes ... 124.761141
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Thats not a Scrambler thats the 1200 sport i believe this is the only one imported.
toggy

Post by toggy »

I stand corrected.looked like a scrambler to me .that makes two numptys lol.
me109

Post by me109 »

WELL, GOOD MORNING ALL. I AM THE NEW OWNER OF THIS MACHINE. IT IS I AM SURE AND VERIFIED BY THE DVLA A MORINI SCRAMBLER. I PART EXED MY 2013 STREET TRIPLE R AND TRAILERED MY NEW PURCHASE BACK TO LONDON. I HAVE LUSTED AFTER A MORINI SCRAMBLER FOR QUITE A WHILE. I HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE IMPROVING AND CUSTOMISING TRIUMPH SCRAMBLERS AND CURRENTLY HAVE A MUCH MODIFIED 09 WHICH I PLANNED TO KEEP THE MORINI COMPANY IN MY GARAGE. I COULDNT RIDE THE NEW PURCHASE FOR TWO DAYS BEING UNABLE TO INSURE IT OVER THE WEEKEND BUT COME MONDAY MORNING I WAS ABLE TO FIRE IT UP AND TAKE IT UP THE ROAD. WHAT A MACHINE. SURE FOOTED, WELL BALANCED, GREAT SPREAD OF POWER, AMAZING GEARING AND MORE THAN ADEQUATE BRAKING; EVERY PENSIONER SHOULD HAVE ONE. I KNEW THE BIKE WAS TALL FOR ME AND AT 67 AND 5' 7" I DON'T FEEL HAPPY UNLESS I CAN PUT BOTH FEET ON THE GROUND. I TOOK THE BIKE TO A FRIEND AND SUSPENSION EXPERT AND WE UNWOUND THE REAR PRELOAD A BIT AND DROPPED THE FORKS. RESULT WAS A 12MM DROP BUT ITS STILL TOO TALL FOR ME. AFTER A SHORT AND PLEASURABLE AFFAIR UNLESS WE CAN RECONCILE OUR DIFFERENCES MY BELOVED ITALIAN BEAUTY WILL HAVE TO GO.
butchamphib

Post by butchamphib »

Yes yours is a Scrambler the other one in the post is a 1200 Sport. Shame you want to sell it. I dont understand the two feet on the floor comment most off road style bikes are too tall to touch the floor with both feet you just slip off one side if you are short in the leg. I have a scrambler and a Granpasso which is a lot taller than the Scambler. So long as i can touch with one big toe that will do.
me109

Post by me109 »

SADLY, I HAVE KNEE PROBLEMS. ITS FINE UNTIL YOU PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN AT THE PETROL STATION IN A SLICK OF DIESEL. I LOVE THE BIKE AND HAVE ALWAYS LUSTED AFTER ONE. I HAVE IMPROVED A SUCCESSION OF TRIUMPH SCRAMS OVER THE YEARS WITH SUSPENSION, BRAKE AND ENGINE MODS AND HAVE ONE NOW WHICH HAS JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE IT BUT ALTHOUGH IT REALLY IS A SUPER RIDE IT DOESNT COME NEAR TO MATCHING THE MORINI OUT OF THE BOX.RED AND WHITE WOULDNT HAVE BEEN MY FIRST CHOICE I HAVE TO SAY BUT THE BIKE IS LIKE NEW AND HAS ONLY JUST TURNED 4,000 MILES. I DID TOY WITH THE IDEA OF FITTING A LOWER PROFILE ROAD TYRE BUT THEN I WOULD HAVE TO SHORTEN THE STAND.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Another 67 year old <waves> For me it's the combination of seat height and weight of machine that have become too much for me on the Corsaro. Having a large tank bag mounted and a full Ventura pack on the rack doesn't help. All is fine until I have to come to a stop a bit unexpectedly, say at a roundabout in France, or the front wheel nudges a loading strap mount when trying to turn round on a cross channel ferry.
me109

Post by me109 »

THAT'S EXACTLY IT. I TOOK THE SCRAM OUT AGAIN ON MONDAY, SUCH A LOVELY WELL BALANCED BIKE. AS A MUSICIAN, THAT EXHAUST NOTE IS QUITE THE FINEST BARITONE I HAVE HEARD THIS SIDE OF LA SCALA. EVERY PENSIONER SHOULD HAVE ONE, BUT SADLY ANNO DOMINI TAKES ITS TOLL. I WILL PERSEVERE, SOMETIMES A WAY CAN BE FOUND TO PREPARE FOR EVERY EVENTUALITY. MAYBE THE KNEE FAIRY WILL PAY A VISIT OVER CHRISTMAS.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I see you have put it up for sale.

Have you thought about a custom shock to lower it more? I have had several MX machines lowered for speed hill climbs by attention to the forks and rear shock. John Gaskell at Revs can usually take up to 50mm out. That's starting with long travel off-road forks though. He is doing the suspension on a KTM250EXC for me just now. When I collect them I'm going to ask him if he thinks he could do anything with my Corsaro.
What size is the front wheel? Looks bigger than a 17 - though going to a 17 would spoil the 'Scrambler' look.

Nitron may be able to help - at a cost:
http://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Nitron_ ... ycles.html
me109

Post by me109 »

THANKS FOR THIS. YES, THERE ARE THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE. I HAVE MANAGED TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS TO GET IT ABOUT 15MM LOWER. WHEN I COLLECTED THE BIKE THE SHOCK WAS ADJUSTED SO HARD THAT THERE WAS NO STATIC SAG AT ALL. BY WINDING DOWN THE PRELOAD THE BIKE NOW SITS LOWER WITH MY WEIGHT ON IT AND GIVES A MORE PLUSH RIDE. DROPPING THE FORKS ABOUT 7MM MATCHED THE FRONT WITH THE REAR. I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER 10MM ONLY AND HAVE DISCOVERED THAT BY FITTING LOWER PROFILE ROAD TYRES I CAN ACHIEVE THIS. THE SIDE STAND WOULD AT THIS POINT NEED TO BE SHORTENED. I AM SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING DOING THIS AND EACH TIME I RIDE THE BIKE I AM CLOSER TO MAKING THIS DECISION. I ALSO HAVE A VERY TRICK TRIUMPH SCRAMBLER WHICH HAS BEEN BREATHED ON BY THE LEGENDARY BOB FARNHAM WITH A BIG BORE KIT, CAMS AND GAS FLOWING. WE HAVE UPRATED THE BRAKES AND SUSPENSION TOO AND FOR A TRIUMPH AIR COOLED TWIN IT IS PRETTY MUCH AS FAR AS YOU CAN GO. I LOVE THAT BIKE TOO. I ALWAYS HAVE A BONNIE IN THE GARAGE. ALTHOUGH BOTH BIKES ARE 'SCRAMBLERS' THEY ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THE MORINI GIVES ME MORE OF A SPORTS FEEL WHICH I ASSOCIATE WITH THE STREET TRIPLE R I P/EXED FOR IT. THE TRIUMPH APPEALS MORE TO THE NOSTALGIC MEMORIES OF THE OLD ENGLISH BIKES OF THE 60S.TROUBLE IS THAT AS A FAIR WEATHER RIDER NOW, I'M LUCKY TO RIDE 2,000 MILES A YEAR AS OPPOSED TO 25,000 IN THE CAR. VALUE OF CAR £2,000 VALUE OF BIKES £15,000 CONCLUSION, LIFETIME BIKER ADDICT
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hi there, I am the new owner of this Scrambler, having bought it off ME109 this morning. It stopped raining at lunchtime and I went for a spin - awesome tool, buckets of torque, comfy and blisteringly quick in a straight line. Didn't mess about much as it was very wet but I am hugely impressed :D .

I'm leaving the set up (forks,preload) as-is for the moment to see how I like it before tinkering.

I shall say hello on the intro's board!

J
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Jay,

Welcome to 'modern' Morini ownership, at least you are not far from a couple of Morini service points for your bike.

I have had my Corsaro for 2 1/2 years now and it is a great bike. Fine handling, excess of power and torque, average fuel economy etc. There are one or two little things on these bikes but they are simple to maintain and the general quality is good. Most 'issues' have been discussed on this forum. Just ensure you wash off the salt...........

Mike.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Thanks for the welcome Mike, yep I'm absorbing as much as I can about the Latin quirks e.g. dodgy connector blocks? I'll have a ride up to NLM next weekend and have a natter with them about the Scrambler.

cheers

J
Jay

Post by Jay »