Newbie saying hi

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
Tonibe63

Newbie saying hi

Post by Tonibe63 »

Just bought a Scrambler from a mate and thought I best say hi before I start asking lots of stupid questions :? :wink: .
Been riding a 1200GS for 9 years along with lots of other 2nd bikes which have all gone ............... apart from the GS of course.

Last Saturday I kept to my golden rule of never drinking before going on Ebay but I did text a mate after a couple of beers to follow up a rumour of a possible bike sale-doh!!!
So after collecting the bike in my van last Sunday :roll: I finally got the Scrambler insured and taxed today and took it out for the first time ........ yes I bought it without test riding it but I've been out with the previous owner quite a few times so knew it was a good bike. What I didn't know was just how much stomp this engine has and I even stopped to make sure the speedo wasn't set to KPH :shock: but no it was definately MPH :lol: . So much grunt and also so many fast moving tree's, thank goodness that the wind blast gives some indication that the licence may be in danger.
I'm only 30 minutes away from NLM so better give the old girl an oil and filter change seeing as the mileage has just rolled over to 6K which is nothing for a 7 year old bike.

Anyway to you inmates.
Cheers-Tony
Ming

Re: Newbie saying hi

Post by Ming »

Welcome to the asylum...
miciouk

Post by miciouk »

it's not a bike, it's a hooligan isn't it? mine is always ready to kick my butt. at 155mph (during a track-day officer :) I soon realized the chassis was not happy and wobbled a bit too much for my liking..

Frankie :shock:
Attachments
IMG_1685.JPG
IMG_1685.JPG (88.3 KiB) Viewed 10963 times
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Wow... :) Even allowing for a 10% inaccuracy that is good going for an upright, unfaired bike!
-------------------------------------------------------

Mike.
miciouk

Post by miciouk »

I can assure you I was as glued to tank as possibly could, my feet resting on the pillion pegs...didnt dare lifting my head up until below 110mph
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

It's possibly the tyres rather than the chassis that wobbles? Although the single side shock and different swing arm might cause a little less stability than the Corsaro, that's rock solid - although I 'only' did 134 mph on mine - on the Island of course, officer... :D :D

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"