Ecu tune

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
Robin62

Ecu tune

Post by Robin62 »

IMG_1738.JPG
IMG_1738.JPG (85.41 KiB) Viewed 10460 times
Well, much as I love my Scrambler, the fuelling was horrible, especially at low speed which, with loads of 20mph zones in my town, was not fun. So importer Amore Moto put me on to Hammer & Tongs Performance in Warrington.
Had a great discussion with Sam and we decided a decat and custom map was the way to go.
Just picked up the bike today an it is amazing, so smooth and responsive! I had to take the long way home and then went past home and carried on going. Even more of a joy to ride now.
A great side effect of fixing the tune is a decent increase in power and torque too! 106 to 116bhp and 70 to 78ftlb
Highly recommend this mod.
ShaunR

Re: Ecu tune

Post by ShaunR »

I am talking to Ben about having mine done ASAP. As you say the low speed feeling is pants. Let me know how go on.
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Shaun, well worth doing. It's a different bike now. Much more what I expected. It's not cheap but worth doing. I'm going to look into getting a custom exhaust made through Hammer & Tongs by Pipwerx. Sam at H&T says they may then do a tuning package and exhaust. I'll let you know.
ShaunR

Post by ShaunR »

I will be interested to see what that looks like. I am trying to get Ben at Amore Moto to do the de-cat and remap for me next weekend. Keep me posted.
gray3403

Post by gray3403 »

I have a 2011 scrambler and it’s the same at low revs. Below 3000 it’s lumpy. I just thought it was something a would have to live with. I love the bike but that sounds very interesting.
When you say expensive. How expensive. It is after all just re loading new software.
Problem is I’m up in Scotland.
Robin62

Post by Robin62 »

Hi, all in it was £650. That included the decat and a Sam West doing the work on the Dyno tweaking the map. It was a custom map as there are no existing remaps created or supplied by MM. It may be cheaper now he has a map and you'd save a couple hundred if you decided not doing the decat
gray3403

Post by gray3403 »

Thanks for that. I might just give them a call.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Since sorting the high revenue tick over I have added over 2,000 miles to the clock. The fuelling on mine is very good. It pulls from tickover, no throttle, let out clutch, bike moves... and I can pull away from below 2k with a gentle pull on the throttle in the lower gears. 'A' road overtakes are top gear stuff. It has certainly surprised me. It is lumpy when cold and if I am forced to stop in the first couple of miles, the silencers produce some soot. I can tell when the chain needs adjusting...

Fuel economy has been a surprise, too. On the motorway, it appears that it is most efficient at about 75. Volumetric efficiency? The most I have dared do on a tank is 192 miles, and I added 18 litres. The best so far is 160 miles and 14 litres on a motorway run. The worst is 140 miles and 15 litres. I can live with that.