New wheels on my wagon.

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
gray3403

New wheels on my wagon.

Post by gray3403 »

My 2011 Scrambler had two issues. First was the state of the spokes. They were getting rusty and MOT man said last year he might not pass it again. On top of that the O rings on the spokes was causing leaks. I did have a tube in the back tyre.
I decided to get my wheels re built using conventional stainless spokes and use my original black rims. The wheel builder did have to order very large spoke nipples. Anyway they are rebuilt with tubes and Metzler adventure tyres and they look great.
The other issue was being lumpy at slow speeds/ low revs. The cost of re mapping I found to be just too expensive but mine wasn't bad enough to need that.
I decided to change the rear sprocket from a 40 tooth to a 45 tooth. I had no idea if it was going to be any good.
I took the bike out for a wee test ride and then down for an MOT and I think it's transformed it. Well it's at least 75% better.
It's lowered the gearing and raised the revs just a wee bit. So much better and a lot cheaper than a re map.
I love the bike but I do find the distance between the foot pegs and the seat a bit tight.
I just took delivery of a 937 Ducati Monster and its so much more comfortable.
I'll forward a photo if I can figure out how.