Scrambler Test and Morini Business Plan in MCN

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
corsaro chris

Scrambler Test and Morini Business Plan in MCN

Post by corsaro chris »

This weeks MCN (6th May) carries a world first ride on the Scambler (they like it) and a piece on Morinis' plans for world domination :wink: It's true to say that 3X, the UK importer, have sold all their Scramblers, and have very few Morini on display at present - sales are up on this time last year.

MCN also say that Morini are planning to produce a 400cc engine later this year - but back in 2007 we saw a very neat engine of that capacity built for the Italian micro car market, so we'll need to wait and see before jumping to too many conclusions...

But all indications are that so far Morini are weathering the turbulent economy, having just expanded into Spain (you won't read that in MCN) with a big launch at the end of April with Snrs Morini and Lanaro present with the new importer, Procycle.

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Scrambler test - Morini business plan

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Its been a long time since MCN gave such an objective and factual account of a Morini. It was also good to read the few lines on the company and its plans. Lets hope this helps the Morini cause and that they achieve and indeed exceed their target to break even in 2009/10. Key to this will be the strength of the dealer net work and the ability to see and test ride a new Morini near you.
Emmohaswheelsagain

Scrambler Test

Following on from MCM test Motorcycle Sport & leisure have given the Scrambler a very positive write up in their forthcoming July issue. Without doubt it was helped by the fact that Alan Cathcart penned the report however the bike clearly scored high in all key areas. This bike might do what the base model the 9 1/2 failed to achieve. Quirky it may be but it is stylish and above all different so there will be a number of buyers out there who will be willing to pay for two bikes in one.
GaryR

Post by GaryR »

Emmo,
what has the 91/2 failed to achieve?
Gary
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Gary,

Quite simply credable sales. Having owned a 9 1/2 for a year now I have yet to see another owner on the road. I know of several (mostly ex demo's) being offered at very favourable prices just waiting for an owner. Nothing wrong with the bike, just lacks that little bit of kerb appeal. The Scrambler has that in bucket loads and should tempt new owners to the Morini brand.

Paul
GaryR

Post by GaryR »

Can't see why, personally. I'm still leaning towards the 91/2 though have yet to see a sport or the scrambler
I'll buy in the spring here, Oct Nov

One question, if you were to do it again now, with the wider range of bikes, would you go with the 91/2 or is something else more suited to you now. I think we are approximately the are the same age group and temperament!

Thanks for your continued input. Very useful for me

Gary
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Gary;

Not sure if you're a member of the UK Morini club, but the next issue of the mag "ATG" (assuming that the editor prints it :lol: ) will have an extended test of a 9.5. To summarise - it's good, and I have a new Corsaro...

Whatever others think, Morinis are for individuals - and I can agree with Pauls comments here!

Good riding - and choosing!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
GaryR

Post by GaryR »

Sorry, not very well written post last time.

No I'm not a member of the club, but thats an idea, perhaps I should join.

Is the ATG magazine a published one or do you mean its the club's magazine?

To Paul: My question is specifically Morinis, so if you lost your present bike for any reason and were going to replace it with another Morini, which one would you choose?

Thanks,
Gary
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Paul / Gary;

The quote of the month for me from Cathcarts test in MCS&L:

"Morini show Ducati how to do it. Again."

Priceless - 3X could run a series of ads around that :wink:

Gary - ATG is the magazine of the UK Morini Club. ATG = A Tutto Gas = At Full Throttle; it was founded as a riders club, and long may it remain as such!

Which is the best bike? Only you can tell - I've ridden most of them, and love my Corsaro. But the 9.5 is good, although I'd probably choose the Sport if I was looking at the 9.5 platform bikes (I have a blue / white Dart, so it'd match...)

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Gary,
In answer to your question I would still buy the 9 1/2. Simply classic in design it has all the features I was looking for. Chris is right try them all, but if you want a well balanced, sensible riding position with two up touring capabilities then the 9 1/2 is for you. Do yourself a favour, gel the seat, rider and pillion, as this will make all the difference. I'm also fitting a slightly longer pillion foot peg to allow the passenger easy access to the left footpeg. Enjoy the test rides. :D

Paul