Austrian team wins race with Morini Scrambler

Anything to do with the 1200 'Scrambler' series
corsaro chris

Austrian team wins race with Morini Scrambler

Post by corsaro chris »

The Austrian team BLM entered the gruelling competition in the Erzberg Prologue, "the toughest Enduro Competition in the World" with a standard Scrambler - and won the road bike section with the bike. The rider, Hans Leitner, posted third best time in the two cylinder class, behind a pair of KTMs, but wasn't eligible in that class.

That must have surprised several riders with HP2 BMWs and other KTMs - a Gran Passo was also doing well in the two cylinder class until it was forced to retire (did it run out of fuel, I hear you ask cynically - no, it was dropped...) .

Full details are on the English language pages of the official Morini site - http://www.motomorini.com - together with some rather tasty pictures that'll make you want one! :lol:

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Emmohaswheelsagain

Morini Scrambler

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Chris,

I had a look at the official site and I see what you mean. He certainly had more nerve that most taking 117bhp up that mountain. If the factory want to be serious about selling more of these fine machines then they must promote them through competition. The same goes for the Veloce which seems to have no problems winning races in the roadser class in Italy. How about asking the factory if they would release their news peices to A Tutto Gas. Those without the internet would read first hand what is happening as well as seeing some fine pictures of Morini's ridden in anger.

Paul
Manolo

Post by Manolo »

as I said, is not Morini implementing a campaign to all field, as instead Ducati and Aprilia, hardly see services on tv in respect of the Morini, the sales are linked the glorious brand past and the potential of the new bikes

Manolo
V-Fun

Morini Scrambler

Post by V-Fun »

Haven't been on the forum for some time -But really pleased to read about the Scrambler at Erzberg...

I currently ride a KTM Super Enduro and have ridden both the BMW HP2 and Morini Scrambler.

This is real testament to the Scrambler, as the KTM Super Enduro was actually developed at Erzberg and has been campaigned there for I believe 3/4 years now.

Whereas the SE is an enduro with road pretensions: it is fantastic that the Scrambler, a modified road bike can take on such a challenge...These bikes really are poles apart and it is a credit both to the rider and MM.

Sad to read of the GP crashing-out : there is always next year!

Thanks for the link Chris and hope you are enjoying your new GP.

Kind Regards
Stephen
Manolo

Post by Manolo »