125 fuses?

Lambertini era singles (125 and 250 - half v-twins)
JannieMc

125 fuses?

Post by JannieMc »

Hi Guys, having problems locating the fuses on my 125. The lights came on ok for a second, then all went off so presuming a fuse blew. Problem is we can't find the fuse to replace it? Any ideas please? No lights or indicators working. There appears to be only one main fuse coming from the battery but as the bike starts and runs ok we're presuming that one is ok. Thanks
72degrees

Re: 125 fuses?

Post by 72degrees »

JannieMc wrote:Hi Guys, having problems locating the fuses on my 125. The lights came on ok for a second, then all went off so presuming a fuse blew. Problem is we can't find the fuse to replace it? Any ideas please? No lights or indicators working. There appears to be only one main fuse coming from the battery but as the bike starts and runs ok we're presuming that one is ok. Thanks
If the 125 is like most Morinis of the same era the ignition doesn't need the battery to work, so it will start and run OK even if the main fuse in the battery lead is blown.
JannieMc

Post by JannieMc »

Thanks, will check again tomorrow, hubby said he'd checked the main fuse but I'll nag him till he does it again! :D
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

If the fuse is OK, it might be worth checking the lighting connections on the ignition switch. The spade connectors have been known to come loose. Otherwise it could be the main earth lead. A good prod round with a multimeter should track down the problem.