2C Slow progress

250 2c- the Wee-WeeVees

Re: 2C Slow progress

Postby Steve Brown » 30 Nov 2018 23:24

MickeyMoto wrote:So, are Morini spares about to hit Ducati highs? :)

I certainly hope not as I still need some spares for my bikes.

Ermm, I certainly hope so as I have a pile of stuff here to shift. Next autojumble stall already booked...
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Steve Brown

Postby Ming » 01 Dec 2018 07:53

That's one of the reasons I'm not too worried about 'originality'.

In other news - the slow progress has just about finished and I'm about ready to take it on the road, I think I'll wait until spring though, as individual bikes have to be insured over here and with 7 in the stable it's getting a bit pricey (and likely to get more so with 'our' Brexit deal). :roll:
Ming

Postby Ming » 05 Nov 2019 16:12

Only 11 months since the last report - though I have spent some time on it between. I managed to repair the left hand switch and obtain a new support, the engine starts easily and runs sweetly, but I found that the regulator was not working. Fortunately I had a spare old Boyer power box which I've fitted - giving me 12V and no need for a battery as a bonus. Refit some bodywork, etc tomorrow and I'll be ready to insure it and road test. I am not expecting a large bill as the company I'm with class any bike over 20 years old as 'collection', which decreases the premium considerably, plus you enter a scale whereby subsequent bikes are given discounts. I now have 6 bikes over 20, the last one is a BMW R850R and cost a princely 13€ for 3rd party cover (with recovery)! Pictures and ride report to follow (when we get some dry weather).
Ming

Postby Ming » 17 Nov 2019 13:43

Bike is now insured and ready for final road testing / set-up. It's dry just now, so here's a couple of photos of the 'family group'.
Collection 1.JPG
Collection 1.JPG (196.08 KiB) Viewed 93 times

Collection 2.JPG
Collection 2.JPG (187.06 KiB) Viewed 93 times

I shall probably give the tank and front mudguard a blow over, VW Mars Red looks like a fair match.
Ming

Previous

Return to 250 Vee