2C Slow progress

250 2c- the Wee-WeeVees
mbmm350s

Re: 2C Slow progress

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Ming,

Great! and looking good, I quite like the primer flare effect from the bottom on the tank.
One of our 250s has also lost the same amount of paint from the rear of the front mudguard too.
Anyway best to get out and enjoy it!

Cheers
Mark
Ming

Post by Ming »

Hmm - perhaps I'll try a flare effect on the whole tank? I might also leave off the 'missing' rear side trims and the seat cowl for a more 'naked' look - saves a bit of work, too.
RedVee

Post by RedVee »

They are a lovely little bike, enjoy
Morinis & Motorcycles - Is there anything else?
Ming

Post by Ming »

I discovered - rather late - that one of my float valves is passing. I had inadvertently left the fuel taps on and on opening the garage smelt and saw petrol on the engine. Then discovered it had also filled the sump! However, there is a silver lining, when I removed the sump plug, instead of the relatively fresh oil I was expecting, out rushed a thin, black petroil mixture I could have run the Bantam on. I cleaned the filter and wiped out the sump, refilled with oil and now running sweetly again. One pair of new float valve assemblies now being awaited, and a nicely flushed out engine too. A few expletives were uttered in the process, but not as fluently as others I could mention.
mbmm350s

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi Ming, Its good you caught it and didnt run the engine, and hope no harm will happen.
Mark