250 2c

250 2c- the Wee-WeeVees
72degrees

Re: 250 2c

Post by 72degrees »

mbmm350s wrote:There's no problem keeping the revs up on a 250 :D
Mark
Fair point well made. With a 375 and L5 cam you can "surf the torque" ;)
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

EVguru wrote:I ran Metzler ME22s on mine, the narrow 2.75 and 3.00 sizes specified. Very nimble, but sure footed.

The original headlamp was OK, but you have to use the right bulb. Osram were fine, but others gave no beam pattern. The alternator is the same as a 12v bike, all you have to is upgrade the regulator, bulbs and battery. I think you should be able to convert the regulator too if you put the right value resistor in series with the sense line.
Hi,
I am rebuilding my 250 2c which is a 1983 model. The rectifier has six connections and the 350 seems to have only 5.If I want to convert to 12v how would I wire up the 350 rectifier please?
EVguru

Post by EVguru »

Bedfordowner wrote: I am rebuilding my 250 2c which is a 1983 model. The rectifier has six connections and the 350 seems to have only 5.If I want to convert to 12v how would I wire up the 350 rectifier please?
There are only three wires that matter on the factory rectifier.

The two Yellow wires are the inputs from the alternator to the regulator. The remaining red wire connects to battery positive and even if it is attached to a terminal on the regulator, there is no internal connection, it's just used as an intermediate junction point. The Brown wire is fed from the ignition switch. It turns the regulator on and is how the regulator senses battery voltage. There is a remaining connection to earth, but that is made via the case.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your fast response. Just need to find a 350 regulator now then. I am using your videos as a guide to my rebuild and they are really helpful. Apart from Bulbs and battery, is there anything else I need to do or have missed ? I have checked the rest of the wiring and think it would be best to do a full rewire. Any tips you might have would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
Keith
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Bedfordowner wrote:Hi Paul,
Thanks for your fast response. Just need to find a 350 regulator now then. I am using your videos as a guide to my rebuild and they are really helpful. Apart from Bulbs and battery, is there anything else I need to do or have missed ? I have checked the rest of the wiring and think it would be best to do a full rewire. Any tips you might have would be appreciated.
Thanks again,
Keith
Indicator relay and possibly horn. Though I dare say a 6v horn might make an impressive noise if supplied with 12v.
Bedfordowner

Post by Bedfordowner »

72degrees wrote:
Bedfordowner wrote:Hi Paul,
Thanks again,
Keith
Indicator relay and possibly horn. Though I dare say a 6v horn might make an impressive noise if supplied with 12v.
Thanks for the extra advice. My horn and indicator are already broken so need to replace them. I was thinking of getting one that suits LED bulbs incase I use them at some time. Just unraveling my loom and trying to get the correct colour wires for the rewire. This looks like it may be a slow but fun job. I might fit a fuse box in the system as well because mine does not have one. Will see how it goes.
Thanks for your help