Need help with the colour code please

250 2c- the Wee-WeeVees
Bedfordowner

Need help with the colour code please

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi, I have now stripped my bike down and am about to start cleaning ready for painting and powder coat. I wondered if anyone has the RAL colour for the red please. Also, what do you normally do about the forks , etc. that are the flat matt black. Is there a specific black I should be looking for. All help gratefully received. Thanks
mbmm350s

Re: Need help with the colour code please

Post by mbmm350s »

Hi

Moto Morini paint shades particularly the red were extremely variable and as such no exact codes exist.
The factory brochures had different colours and schemes to the production bikes.
Like the old North American TV standard (NTSC), which us British having a superior system called it Never Twice Same Colour.
The best course is to find a part of the tank/sidepanels that is untarnished and original and have it matched or better choose
a red you like and are happy with. Also all 250s were hand lined not taped or sprayed.
If you want the factory finish on the 250 forks etc you will have to replicate the bad finishes applied by Paioli,
to be honest they were poorly finished, so again what ever looks right to you is best.
Cheers
Mark
Bedfordowner

Re: Need help with the colour code please

Post by Bedfordowner »

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your advice. That will make things nice and easy. Rosso Corsa red it is then.. My last Ducati was very similar to this and I loved the colour and as you say , go for a colour you like. I might have to get the pinstripping done by someone who knows what they are doing. So back to the cleaning for now , could be a while.
Cheers.