Electrotap - Electric Fuel Tap

The 3 1/2 forum
Archie Adv

Electrotap - Electric Fuel Tap

Post by Archie Adv »

Afternoon All,
Would I be right in thinking that due to non availability of the electric fuel tap that it can be substituted with a manual tap? If so do the electric connections need to be bridged to complete the circuit?

Update on the refurb - Tank, Side panels, and mudguards in for painting but due to holidays etc I'm unlikely to see them before September.
Thanks
Archie
George 350

Re: Electrotap - Electric Fuel Tap

Post by George 350 »

Hi Archie,

If you go the manual tap route (I have) then the wire for the fuel tap can simply be removed from the connector block under the front of the tank and discarded.
When you get the new tap,make sure that the tube is inside the filter otherwise you will have no reserve!

Regards,
George.
George
350 sport 1978, 350 Strada 1978
650 Norton 1967, 650 Kawasaki 1977 and 650 Enfield 2019
Archie Adv

Post by Archie Adv »

Hi George,
Thanks for your reply and the point regarding the internal tube on the in tank filter for reserve.
A good point indeed.!!

I'm at the point today where I'm checking out the electrics/electronics to see if I had a spark. No spark whilst using the kick (edited) start so far, now to fault finding.
The magneto seems to have magnetisation as it will hold a 1Kg lump hammer whether that is sufficient or now I don't know. However I'm sure I'll find out soon enough.
Thanks again.
Archie
Last edited by Archie Adv on 08 Aug 2016 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
TimG.

Post by TimG. »

Archie,

I have found that I have had much more success kicking it - and it does not taste that good when I lick it!
Archie Adv

Post by Archie Adv »

Tim,

I just love the tingle on the tongue and the metallic taste like you get from the old PP3 battery terminals when sticking tongue across the terminals.
I will revert to using the Kick Starter,,,, now.
Thanks, good to have a laugh.... ha ha bloody typo!