Twist grip replacement

The 3 1/2 forum
hphilbo

Twist grip replacement

Post by hphilbo »

Hi, I’m looking for advice on a suitable replacement for my Verlicchi twin pull twist grip. (1976 Sport). I have managed to crack the bottom half aluminium casing. I suspect due to uneven tightening of the Allen screws.
I note that Tommaselli do a Daytona 2C twin pull twist grip for 22mm bars. Does anyone have experience of fitting one of these? Is it pretty much a direct swap?
Alternatively does any one know of a suitable spare half casing to keep things original?
Thanks
hphilbo

Re: Twist grip replacement

Post by hphilbo »

Just to clarify, it’s the half that does not have the cables going through that I need to replace. Cheers.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I think that the twistgrip that you mention is the same one that I fitted to my 1986 K2 (because I wanted a friction control). The throttle cables were a little too wide to fit and so I drilled out the channels in the twistgrip using a hand held power drill. Worked OK and am pleased with the twistgrip.
buzby

Post by buzby »

I've got one of these, it works fine and is much cheaper than the TOMMASSELLI ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371541293128 ... SwblZZHGAt
David
75 350 Strada, 76 350 Strada, 76 350 Sport. 80 250 vee, 72 Triumph TR5T and 81 Honda CB250RS
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

A useful link. I am fortunate to have a spare twistgrip. They cannot spell carburettor though.
John
Richard

Post by Richard »

I prefer the black finish on mine, and I suspect it is of a better quality, but they do cost a lot. One mentioned above appears to use separate cable stops and might therefore obviate the need for modification of the twistgrip itself.
Ming

Post by Ming »

I bought one similar to the one in the link to fit on my Strada (which had previously been fitted with a single pull unit with a splitter). Notwithstanding the fact that it is a solid, well chromed unit, it fits well and works well.
hphilbo

Post by hphilbo »

Thanks all for the info on possible replacement twist grips.
Phil