frames

The 3 1/2 forum
SteveMRC
Site Admin

Re: frames

Post by SteveMRC »

Wow, I don't read the forum for a few days and it all kicks off.
this is the first case of 'handbags' we have had on here since the forum started over 4 years ago.

Always sorry to see forum members leave whatever their reasons, but that is your choice.
I don't remove postings or censor anything unless it's obvious spam so I am leaving this thread up so that readers can make up their own minds.

Steve
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Steve;

Agreed - we should all be a bit more mature. The club is a Riders Club (thats' how our founder, Simon P wanted it, and why the title doesn't read Morini Owners...).

As SS says, the club should be about keeping Morini and their Riders enjoying the bikes. As Pete says, it's for Dealers to make the running here, and we (the Club) step in when bits are uneconomic or too esoteric. There are some collectors, a lot of scratchers and some old fogies like me who just pootle around and spend far too much time in front of a screen.

We should be a broad church, and there is enough room for us all. For one, I'd dearly love for SS to stay connected - the wider the points of view the better the club. It would be even better to meet up, maybe at Stafford or in the wilds of N Wales.

Whatever, good riding, one and all!

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Brubru

Post by Brubru »

Hi Tom,
I even spared the morini community from another excalibur by putting it's engine in my dart (twice actually )
You should be rewarded for that... but... twice... are you building a 1002 V-4 Dart ???? :P

Cheers,

Bruno
The fastest touring rack east of the Channel
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

You should be rewarded for that... but... twice... are you building a 1002 V-4 Dart ????
God no!!! The frame can only just cope with 507ccs!!

Now you mention it though... It would be one way to make myself faster than you at Cadwell :D
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Now there's an idea.I recall seeing a race bike some years ago, a Marsh V8, made from 8 Honda 50 engines,when one could watch racing at Gaydon and some kind of twin engined Bonneville somewhere else so it must be possible, though it's likely to be in the same genre as one of my colleagues suggesting we rush up to Dartmoor and actually try to make a fire with 2 sticks to see if it could be done.
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hmmm thinking again I don't think it was Honda 50 motors that were used....I can only find vague references to it and didn't take a photo at the time.Pity.