Petrol tank mounting

The 3 1/2 forum
tankstraddler

Petrol tank mounting

Post by tankstraddler »

Hi, can anyone help with information about bolting the front of the tank to the frame on my 1975 Strada? I believe that there was a special rubber and a sleeve through which the bolt passed to allow an element of floating. NLM do not have them and I am not really clear what they would have looked like
dvhttn

Re: Petrol tank mounting

Post by dvhttn »

Get a parts list from the NLMK website at http://www.motomorini.co.uk/helppage.htm Click on the '350 parts book' link near the bottom of the page. Open up the parts guide and choose 'Table 10' from the LHS contents section (if you choose the one from the main section it links to the seat diagram for some reason .... ).

That should help.

Dave
Dave
Carpe diem .....
hendre

Post by hendre »

Hi, Basically they are rubber rings with an outside diameter that snugly fits the hole in the tank and a hole which holds a bush which will fit the M7 bolt to mount the tank with a standard M7 washer :|
I have new M7 bolds and washers if you do not have them anymore... pretty hard to get except for 100 psc packages :wink:
tankstraddler

Post by tankstraddler »

Thanks for this information which has been a great help and will enable me to fashion something suitable.
hendre

Post by hendre »

tankstraddler wrote:Thanks for this information which has been a great help and will enable me to fashion something suitable.
You're welcome :mrgreen:
robint

Post by robint »

And if the rubber pad at the rear is perished then Unity Equipe sell tank rubbers (ref UNA7) to go on the frame tubes - need two but look the part and fit perfectly at £2.35 each plus delivery.
robint
(Morini, Enfield, Deauville, SLK and home to support)
SupermotoDave

Post by SupermotoDave »

M7 bolts used to be readily available individually from Renault and Fiat dealers, ironically it was an ISO preferred size rather than the Japanese habit of using even number size bolts only.