Early 350 electrics

The 3 1/2 forum
dsamways

Early 350 electrics

Post by dsamways »

Does the ignition switch on the 1974 machines also act as the lighting switch? Mine has two positions and in the second the ignition and the lights are on. Is this right?
hendre

Re: Early 350 electrics

Post by hendre »

dsamways wrote:Does the ignition switch on the 1974 machines also act as the lighting switch? Mine has two positions and in the second the ignition and the lights are on. Is this right?
That is somewhat right... the fisrt click is for ignition and then with your steering switch you can engage lights, the second click is for parking lights. There you also could get your key out again...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Mine (built 75, registered 76) is the same as yours dsamways. The first position is for ignition (red dash light comes on) and the second position is for lights. Dip and main beam are controlled by the handlebar switchgear.

Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
hombre

Post by hombre »

First ignition switches are a bit different, on my 74 Strada it's also ligths on after the second click, also the key came out in my case but was fortunate that the plastic keyfob got stuck on the rear exhaust :roll:
dsamways

Post by dsamways »

Thanks for the replies. My key can be removed in both positions!
hendre

Post by hendre »

dsamways wrote:Thanks for the replies. My key can be removed in both positions!
I thinkk your iginition lock is busted, would replace it or make enough keys just in case... if you loose 'm while driving :lol:
unreal

Post by unreal »

I have a new NOS ignition switch which works with a completely blank key, and it can be removed in any position, don't you just love Italian electrics!

simon