Bambini update

The 3 1/2 forum
trinder

Bambini update

Post by trinder »

Now I am back in the saddle, I have been doing a bit of fettling. First off, I sorted out the clutch as when I first had my Strada, it was the fiercest clutch I have ever experienced, it was like an on/off switch :shock: . having looked at the posts regarding the set up of the clutch, I found the tapered steel clutch plate to be in the wrong place and whilst I had the clutch in pieces, I changed the thrust washer from the brass type to the shimmed plastic type. The difference was unbelievable, I now have a much smoother useable clutch.

The next job was to sort out the feeble headlight, this was simply done by going on to Goffy's web site and sourcing an H4 halogen bulb to fit a two pole Bosch type fitting 35/35w is spot on and only cost around £9.00. I then set about sorting out the rubber as the Michelin Classic crossply's that came with the bike did nothing to reveal the true handling characteristics of the chassis. After consulting your accumulated knowledge, I opted for Bridgestone BT45's. What a difference! I am beginning to find out just how sweetly the Tre e Mezzo handles :D

The final job has been to change the cam belt. Although I have had it virtually since I purchased the Strada, I have been putting off doing it as I thought it would be a hell of a job to do. Having purchased the blue book and read and re read the relevant section. I finally bit the bullet today :roll: What the hell had I been fretting about, the job took me about 20 minutes to do start to finish :oops:

I can honestly say that my Bambini is one of the easiest bikes I have ever worked on and when I had completed my belt change I took her for a Hoon down the bypass, bloody hell she really started to sing at 8000 rpm and the induction roar was awesome :twisted: The more I ride the Morini, the more I love it ------- A Tutto Gas! :lol:
stillooking

Re: Bambini update

Post by stillooking »

trinder wrote: I can honestly say that my Bambini is one of the easiest bikes I have ever worked on and when I had completed my belt change I took her for a Hoon down the bypass, bloody hell she really started to sing at 8000 rpm and the induction roar was awesome :twisted: The more I ride the Morini, the more I love it ------- A Tutto Gas! :lol:
:D