Tappet urgently required!!!!!!

The 3 1/2 forum
trinder

Tappet urgently required!!!!!!

Post by trinder »

Does any one out there have a spare tappet for a 3 !/2 Strada? I was unfortunate enough to break one on No2 inlet whilst trying to undo it to adjust the tappets. when I took the covers off I discovered that the lock nuts had been very over-tightened and had to be eased gently to slacken them off. However, sods law intervened and just as I thought the last one was going to release, it snapped :evil: .

I had plans to go to the Classic bike show at Shepton Mallet this weekend to visit the stand and introduce myself, unless I can locate and fir a new tappet that is most definitely off :evil: Does anyone think that I may be able to bet one from NLM? Please PM me or give me a call on 07876 574262 and I will pay the asking price. Thanks in anticipation.

Neil
MickeyMoto

Re: Tappet urgently required!!!!!!

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi,

Do you mean the rocker arm?

Sorry, but have neither.

regards,
Steve Brown

Post by Steve Brown »

Hi Tommy, sorry-Neil! I was at the Ajs Matchless club last night when you rang. In answer to the question, yes I am sure NLM will have these even if only pre-loved examples. I think I do have them too if you're stuck. I am busy again today and will be in and out all day and the evening too, so tomorrow would be better to catch me if you still need help. I'll try to check later today and let you know.
Not touched the Camel yet-too many things/other peoples jobs going on here!

Steve
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Harry

Post by Harry »

I have one if you would like to call over tomorrow.
trinder

Post by trinder »

Thanks Guys for your quick response. I happened to have work over in Nottingham today and managed to call in at NLM. they managed to fix me up with a couple of spares, they have plenty in stock so I may get it finished in time if I have some peace and quiet on Saturday :)
trinder

Post by trinder »

Harry wrote:I have one if you would like to call over tomorrow.
Thanks for the offer Harry :)
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

I'm on holiday at the moment or I could have fixed you up with a spare. If you break anything else I have a complete (running when removed) Strada motor sitting in a garage not far from you!