Help!!!!

The 3 1/2 forum
hombre

Help!!!!

Post by hombre »

I am stranded in Thornhill Scotland with my Morini and in need of a working alternator and the tools to replace the culprit. I am staying at the Buccleugh and Queensburry hotel, any help would be great. Phone 31 6452456 21 or the hotel 01848 330215
hombre

Re: Help!!!!

Post by hombre »

Its a 350 alternator btw
Emmohaswheelsagain

Post by Emmohaswheelsagain »

Hi Hombre,

Sorry to hear of your problems.
Can't help you from Lincolnshire but I will knock a few email out and see if we have any one closer to help you.

Regards

Paul
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Hombre,

Have you resolved your alternator issues?
Not sure if the UK club can help but hate to see a fellow Morini rider stranded.

Regards

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi Paul, many thanks for your support. Unfortunately it wasn't the alternator. We managed to find a breaker who had a spare. That was already a one in a million chance finding one, but still no sparks. I already swapped everything else. The bike is now on the way home with the breakdownservice of my insurance.

Something between my Camel and the island isn't working since this is the 2nd time! We'll try again in two years. If that doesn't work out I'll be staying on the continent forgood! ;-)

btw: the breaker is near Ae in Scotland and has the deteriorated corpse of a 3 1/2 from the 70-ies lying in what he called 'an awkward place'. Everything steel on it has rusted into oblivion, and even the front hub has a hole in it due to a crash a long time ago. But if anyone's interested to save the internals you might pop by (pm me for his phone number)

Best,
Hans
Emmohaswheelsagain

Hi Hans,

I'm sorry your Camel had to be assisted back to Holland.
I wonder if anybody knows the history of the 3 1/2.
Its a shame it has come to such a rusty grave.
Post the details and a photo if you have one to our editor, we might be able to recycle the useful parts at least.
We are looking to do an autojumble later in the year so this might just be our 'barn find'
Hope to see you back in Holland sometime :D

Safe Riding

Paul
hombre

Post by hombre »

Hi Paul,

Yes it was quite a dreadful sight, not for sensitive people ;-) I have some pics, now I must see how to get them up here.
I already had someone informing about the parts so hope they go to a happy home after all.

Hans