An excellent afternoons fiddling

The 3 1/2 forum
Paul the Destroyer

An excellent afternoons fiddling

Post by Paul the Destroyer »

So where were we.................ah yes

Friday lunchtime I ordered a rear brake cable replete with switch for the Morini from NLM. It arrived this morning (now that's what I call service) and after having to do some mundane stuff it was out to the garden to fiddle.

First job was to replace the air intake trumpets which went fabulously and I now have a sealed air intake system. Next job was to replace the brake cable and it fitted like a dream and lo and behold I now have a working rear brake switch (hurrah)

Carb balancing was acheived and a road test undertaken. After sorting the clutch lever out last weekend (an erroneous washer was holding the lever out) it was all systems go. It's a bit cold for just overalls and a lid I found but worth it nonetheless.

It feels much better already. Just the fork seals, rear shoes and cushdrive rubbers to do next weekend now. Well maybe tomorrow if I can sneak out.

Happy boy now so thank you all for your advice
Ho Grande Vento

Destroyer of Fine Motorcycles
Idiot For Hire

My wife says I don't listen.........or something like that
trinder

Re: An excellent afternoons fiddling

Post by trinder »

Glad to hear you are having as much fun fettling your Morini as I am, don't know what it is,but even just looking at her in the garage makes me smile like an idiot :D. It just begs to be ridden with gusto and lashings of revs. Good luck with yer spannering and good riding :wink:

Neil