members area

The 3 1/2 forum
mad muller

members area

Post by mad muller »

does anyone know whats happend to the tech pages as theres not much on there looking for clutch info,it used to be there before it was club members only,it had carb stuff on as well,or am i looking in the wrong place, currently floundering on a garage floor. muller
MarkB

Re: members area

Post by MarkB »

Hi Muller

As you know, the website is undergoing a re-vamp, and there will be areas that become unavailable every now and then. I'm sure the Webmaestro will be able to explain the current situation better than I can. I hope you got your clutch sorted.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

The website is indeed undergoing a re-vamp, so apologies if there is missing content.

I'm taking the approach of prioritising the things which people want/ask for first, rather than spending a load of time putting up articles which people don't find useful.

I am happy to include anything which our members want (happier if someone provides me the content to publish!) so please do get in touch if you want anything specific.

A case in point is the dart airbox article which was written as a direct request from a member. I think it was only a couple of weeks between request for an article and published article in ATG and on the website...

Muller- what is it you'd like info on and I will try to get it in place this week?

Tom (Webmaestro)
WebmaestroATmorini-riders-clubDOTcom
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

hi tom, currently doing engine strip, and not sure on clutch parts being all there, no shims only big washer which butts upto gearbox then tube on shaft of box and large plastic washer that fits into outer clutch drum, iam almost sure there was an exploded view of this and explaining how to shim the clutch up and were the shims go, as i think it was an article by wee vees and used to be on morini club site ? any help most welcome. thanks muller.
Daddy Dom

Post by Daddy Dom »

Coloured wiring diagrams would be cool. That said, I'm not a member as I live in NZ and can't really justify the cost of joining at this point when a goodly whack of what's offered is UK-specific, and rightly so, you are the UK Club! If there was a reduced rate for virtual members, I would be happy with that.
Cheers,
Dom
MRC 3082½
morini_tom

Post by morini_tom »

Muller-I have reinstated the clutch shimming page, you will find a link to it in the tech tips area on the members-only site. Let me know how you get on and if any additional info or pictures would help (at which point I'll be looking for volunteers!)

Don't forget you can also download the MRC version of the parts catalogue from the members area, which will show you the clutch exploded view for each model.

Dom, sorry to break it to you but on the members only site we do have coloured wiring diagrams for 125, 250, 250V, various 350 and 500 models and aircooled corsaro.

-I think the committee has talked about an internet-only rate for overseas members in the past. In principle I guess it is possible if there is demand. So, how many people would be prepared to pay a discounted membership for this? (Please note that this is me as an individual asking the question, not as a representative of the club. If there is demand I will put it to the committee for discussion at the next AGM)

Tom
mad muller

Post by mad muller »

thanks tom, got what i was looking for it was the washer that was throwing me,thought they were shimed as standard spec. thanks muller.
mgill

Post by mgill »

I would rejoin the club with a discounted Internet only rate.
I believe the extra cost for foreign members was from mailing ATG?
With Internet there is no longer a need for post costs.
Maybe start a new thread to discuss?
Regards
Mathew Gill
Canada
MRC #2795