Italian Car & Bike Day 2012 South Queensferry

The 3 1/2 forum
Captain B

Italian Car & Bike Day 2012 South Queensferry

Post by Captain B »

Just a wee note to say that two Morinis attended this event, which saw a wide range of latin two and four-wheeled machines assemble in the grounds of Hopetoun House, at South Queensferry near the Forth Bridges. This was the first time I've met a fellow Morinisti whilst out and about, and had I been better organised would have publicised it here to get a few more Scottish Morinis out and about. Steve (?) had travelled from the Ayrshire coast on his lovely 3.5 Strada and myself from the Glasgow area, sharing the line-up with a strong Ducati presence, along with some Moto Guzzis, Benellis and an MV Agusta.
It was a fine dry day, the sun shone and some spectacular supercars were on display, although my personal favourites were the sixties and seventies cars such as brace of Ferrari Dinos, a Maserati Merak and a fantastic Ferrari Daytona in blue chiaro. A superbly turned out cinquecento from 1965, complete with period accessories made a great contrast. Worth keeping an eye out for next year, and hopefully the same good weather and more Morinis!
3 and a half Sport at Hopetoun 2.jpg
3 and a half Sport at Hopetoun 2.jpg (210.02 KiB) Viewed 3714 times
Iain
Monstyr

Re: Italian Car & Bike Day 2012 South Queensferry

Post by Monstyr »

I spoke to you very briefly at this event, I was on my Ducati Sportclassic (with my natty 31/2 tee shirt under my leathers :D ), I also spoke to the Strada owner who lives about fifteen miles away from me it turns out and is also a member of this forum.
It was a decent day out though I must admit that I prefer to ride my bike than to line them up and look at them, and my interest in the cars was minimal
Perhaps next year my little bike will be back on its wheels.
"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can't tell whether or not they're genuine" - Abraham Lincoln
Captain B

Post by Captain B »

Cheers Monstyr, I remember us having a chat on the day, sorry I forgot to mention that there was at least one other Morini supporter there! We should arrange a wee get together sometime - how about 'cafe racers at Nardinis' one Saturday / Sunday. I remember attending a Guzzi club meet there along the same lines a long while back. (Giving away my other allegiances, just in case you haven't spotted the sticker on my lid in the pic!) The Italian bikes and cafe is a nice theme at a good venue. I wonder if we could get an all Italian bike night?? What do you think? Cheers, Iain.
Iain
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Nice bike Iain - fancy displaying it at one of the Scottish shows next Spring? I know thta it's an awful long way off, but for some things we need to be planning well in advance! The upside is free admission to the show and you get to talk to lots of other Morini riders...

Send me a pm with contact details if you are interested (and any others who might be).
Good ridng,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"