Morini riders in Peterborough area?

The 3 1/2 forum
Tufftrax

Morini riders in Peterborough area?

Post by Tufftrax »

Hi,

Just wondered if there are any other Morini riders near Peterborough. During the summer I regularly ride to the Norfolk coast on a Sunday morning but have never seen another Morini! The Norfolk coast road from Hunstanton to Wells is a nice ride and can be continued as far as Cromer. Wells is a popular meeting point for Sunday morning bikers and it would be good to see other Morini riders too.

My Sunday run is around a 120 mile round trip and my Sport manages this mileage easily on a regular basis.
morini_tom

Re: Morini riders in Peterborough area?

Post by morini_tom »

Us Morini folk are surprisingly well distributed. If you have a look at the bottom of the membership page of the club website, you will see a map which shows the approximate location of all of our UK members. You can see that we have great coverage of the UK and you don't have to go far to find another member. Not bad for an obscure one-make club...

On your route from peterborough to Wells you must pass within 20 miles of a dozen club members...

The map can be seen at the bottom of this page:
http://www.morini-riders-club.com/theclub/MRC.html

One thing the club is trying to actively encourage is members getting in touch with eachother to arrange such ride outs. The easiest way we can make this happen is for you to provide your email address to the membership secretary and allow him to pass it on to other members locally who want to meet up with nearby members. Les Skinner's Midlands rideouts have been a great demonstration of how well this approach can work.
Tufftrax

Post by Tufftrax »

Thanks for the link Tom. Good idea. I have emailed club Membership Secretary so will see what happens.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I live in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, but in the summer will regularly ride up to Brancaster to have a bacon sarnie and mug of tea, and buy a crab for a salad at dinner: a lovely 240-mile round trip, if the crab does work out rather expensive when you factor in the petrol... There are some lovely roads up there, and the food's just a good excuse for a great day out.

Regards, Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
Tufftrax

Post by Tufftrax »

Let me know if you want company next time you head that way (maybe next year now the weather is turning). Wells is just up the road from Brancaster and is a regular bikers meeting point near the quay (free bike parking too). Fish and chips there is excellent too!