Electronic Tacho signal

The 3 1/2 forum
Al B

Re: Electronic Tacho signal

Post by Al B »

Thus far my estimation of rpm has been based on listening to the engine note from peoples videos of the cadwell trackday and assuming that's about the upper limit! Something a little more accurate seemed a good idea!

Given my other bikes are a V4 and a single I could just sort of split the difference....
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

You need one on a Corsaro, because the motor is just so smooth.... (Or am I just showing off?)

It's sunny and I'm stuck indoors, just how sad is that!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

corsaro chris wrote:You need one on a Corsaro, because the motor is just so smooth.... (Or am I just showing off?)

It's sunny and I'm stuck indoors, just how sad is that!

Good riding,

CC
Yeah, but a Corsaro has a rev limiter ;) Being pedantic, surely you cant indicate RPM without *counting* how many revolutions are happening over a particular time interval, whatever you call the instrument that value is displayed on ? Natty digital ones are available these days, picking up the HT lead impulses, that also act as hour meters, though when I tried one on my KTM 2T single it only seemed to work properly as a tacho at idle rpm. Too much vibration when giving it the beans with the display just zip-tied to the handlebars probably.

I gave up the idea on the Forgotten Error and just used a mechanical tacho. It doesn't go anywhere as well as the 375 with genuine L5 cam, so it became a case of rev it until it runs out of breath. I decided at Loton Park in July that it is finally time to hang my racing boots up. My times were pathetically slow (5 seconds down on last year even though the track ended up dry) but they 'felt' reasonably quick. What to do with the bike I wonder? Probably just keep it in the shed as a source of spare parts for the road bike.

Boo, hiss, to being stuck indoors. I took the 2C/375 for a 120 mile canter round four VMCC Founders Relay Rally checkpoints in Shropshire, Herefordshire, and Worcestershire on Sunday. If anything it was too hot - particularly when the PHBH28s tend to the slightly too rich in the mid range.

Are you still going to the Midwest Moto open day on Saturday? About what time will you be around?