Throttle twistgrip

The 3 1/2 forum
Lewes96

Throttle twistgrip

Post by Lewes96 »

Does anyone know where to acquire a new or secondhand twist grip? Mine evidently had a crack in it and one of the shells just fell in half. NLM?
tobydmv

Re: Throttle twistgrip

Post by tobydmv »

http://www.ebay.it/itm/COPPIA-DEVIO-SX- ... SwQYZWxKo-

http://www.ebay.it/itm/DEVIO-DX-START-S ... SwyQtVg9jX

I've bought from that seller and he shipped to the states. He has a lot of good Morni parts. I'm sure NLM also has one.
penman

Post by penman »

Does anyone know if the twistgrip assembly shown on these ebay links is for a single or twin throttle cable? The photos frustratingly don't show that side of the twist grip. My original twistgrip is OK but missing the cable retraint and this is pretty well unobtainable. I am using a home made restraint at present, but it isn't entirely satisfactory and I need to do something about it. Thanks!
1984 Moto Guzzi V65
1969 Honda CB450
1975 Triumph T160 Trident
2019 BMW F750GS Sport
1978 Morini 500
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Thanks for the link but these are for the electric start version.
tobydmv

Post by tobydmv »

harrymuffin

Post by harrymuffin »

I have a couple at least of the early aluminium twist grips. The two I have found whilst looking for something else, one is complete with the friction control and the other without but one of the allen screws has been turned into a slot head but still works. Both need repainting or better still stripping and polishing. Let me know if you still need one and send me a personal message.