Venhill throttle cables - Don't fit????

The 3 1/2 forum
Db7gtgrigio

Venhill throttle cables - Don't fit????

Post by Db7gtgrigio »

Just fitted a set of Venhill Throttle cables. The only way I could get any free play at the cable adjusters on the carb tops was by removing the locknuts, which I am not very happy about....

The rear cylinder slide was not even bottoming out with the lock nut in place.

has anyone else had this problem?? The outer cables appear to be about 3-4mm too long.

where do other people get their cables from? I think NLM supply Venhill.

Its not really good enough........
EVguru

Re: Venhill throttle cables - Don't fit????

Post by EVguru »

This has been discussed many times before.

It seems nobody ever uses the forum search, but I thought It'd do it for you just this once.

Look what I found; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3860&p=18937&hilit= ... les#p18937

Someone familiar said;
"I might just forgive Venhill for this one.

The plastic block on the twistgrip that the cables plug into comes in two versions, with different depths of recess for the cables. It sounds like you have the shallow version."
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
Db7gtgrigio

Post by Db7gtgrigio »

EVguru wrote:This has been discussed many times before.

It seems nobody ever uses the forum search, but I thought It'd do it for you just this once.

Look what I found; viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3860&p=18937&hilit= ... les#p18937

Someone familiar said;
"I might just forgive Venhill for this one.

The plastic block on the twistgrip that the cables plug into comes in two versions, with different depths of recess for the cables. It sounds like you have the shallow version."
thank you for reminding me...

how can you cut down the outer cables without risking knicking a few strands of the inner cable?????
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Very carefully! I have tried this on a number of occasions.Bit tricky.You might get away using e.g a dremel with a cutting wheel and cut along the length rather than around the circumference,then you can move the inner out of the way and cut the excess outer off.Mind any sharp edges.
venhill

Post by venhill »

Hello,

This is Chris from Venhill's USA office. I have a Google alert set to find posts about Venhill and received an alert about this thread. I wanted to respond, I hope you don't mind.

Sorry it took me so long to respond.

The UK office is responsible for cable specifications and would like to speak with someone in regards to the different grip control inserts such that we might accommodate them. If someone in this thread or a member of this forum is interested, would you please contact me privately such that I might connect you and the UK? Does this forum have a private message facility? If not, you can reach me using the Contact Us page on venhillusa.com.

Thanks,

Chris
Venhill USA
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Morning Chris

Thanks for taking a personal interest in this: it's good to see that suppliers are keen to improve their products! You'll see a PM icon under your username on the right of your post.

Regards

Mark.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
venhill

Post by venhill »

Db7gtgrigio wrote:Just fitted a set of Venhill Throttle cables.
Can you share with me the part number of the cables you ordered?

Chris