Straight cut primary gears.

The 3 1/2 forum
leos

Straight cut primary gears.

Post by leos »

Via ebay i did buy the clutch side of a straight cut primary gear. The crankshaft side was not found by the seller. I have one being made now. The guy who makes it can make a complete set for max 400 euro and may be less if he can make more at the same time. Anybody how likes to get hold on such a set, please contact my. It will reduce the power loss by the gears and the oil temperature will stay a bit lower because the crank isn't pushed to the right side anymore by the gears. Some extra noise is the counterpart of it.
EVguru

Re: Straight cut primary gears.

Post by EVguru »

Or you could just buy them from NLM, who have them in stock.
Paul Compton
http://www.morini-mania.co.uk
http://www.youtube.com/user/EVguru
leos

Post by leos »

Ok, i have look at their site and i am ordering stuff from them and from Tritsch in Germany. Only NLM charges 480 GBP for the set which would be around 560 euros. The 400 euro max is a bit less. I dodn't have to make a profit on them as NLM obviously has to do to stay in business. For me it will mean that the sets i need will be cheaper if more people want to have them. A win win situation.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Until NLM cease trading and we are all buggered....
leos

Post by leos »

English is not my native language so don't know what you mean with this reply.
MickeyMoto

Post by MickeyMoto »

Hi Leos,

NLM invest a lot of money having parts made for Moroni owners. They can supply most parts to keep our Morinis on the road. If people start doing their own thing NLM will eventually close. You have a slightly cheaper part, the rest of us will have no outlet for parts. There are very few Moroni dealers globally. Yes, they have to make a profit.

Buggered is a great word. It can be used in many situations, for instance when something is broken. In this case, it means Morini owners will be stuck for parts if NLM are not around. It also has a meaning people from Public schools in Britain may not want me to mention here as well! The verb has a meaning for an act that was, until recently, illegal here.

I hope this helps.
leos

Post by leos »

Clear. As I already mentioned i'm buying from NLM as well. I find the input from Stuart very helpful and i am certainly not trying to get them out of business.
leos

Post by leos »

How is NLM doing? They don't respond on my e-mails for parts.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

leos wrote:How is NLM doing? They don't respond on my e-mails for parts.
Still in business as of last week. You are better phoning the ever helpful Rob in the spares department. A bit like Bob Wright for Gilera, email is a bit high tech for them but I understand that email has the advantage of being able to get Google to translate if English isn't your first language. If I do email them I send it to the chris@ address.