It's alive!

The 3 1/2 forum
Al B

It's alive!

Post by Al B »

After a couple of weeks fettling and fiddling my new acquisition now has an MOT to call it's own, despite one of the indicator bulbs blowing mid flash! Next jobs will include working out why the tacho doesn't want to work, getting the carbs balanced and idle sorted out, and finding some glow worm food for the headlight. The testers comment about headlight aim was along the lines of "it doesn't really matter as that'll never dazzle

It does seem a touch odd that auto-blipping of the throttle for downshifts as seen as a trendy new thing for bikes to have. Mine does it already...that or there's some unconscious automatic connection between ny ears and throttle hand!

It appears the bike was imported from the US - hence the odd headlight mentioned in the other thread. Another clue is that it had the left hand side gearchange modification - I even have all the bits and pieces so may put it back on some tme purely for a comparison.

Roll on spring and the opportunity to enjoy the bits of road between the potholes...

Al
Mepstein

Re: It's alive!

Post by Mepstein »

Congrats!
Does it have an engine number duplicating the frame number? I'm just wondering if that holds true for all US bikes.
Al B

Re: It's alive!

Post by Al B »

Thanks,

I haven't found an engine number, but of course there's no guarantee that it's the original engine...

Having ridden to work today and throughly enjoyed the soundtrack I still have a daft smile on my face!