Supercharge Morini at El Mirage in 2017

The 3 1/2 forum
smotorboy

Supercharge Morini at El Mirage in 2017

Post by smotorboy »

Hello all,

Here is an overdue update on what is happening here in the colonies with the Morini land speed racer for the upcoming race season.

1- The SCTA organization has finally added the "M" motorcycle classes to the El Mirage record books starting this season 2017.
This is a big deal for those of us that race production based bikes that are just slightly modified for land speed racing. We
have been competing our "M" bikes straight up against "A" class scratch built long and low all out land speed bikes.
It has taken a lot of effort to get the SCTA to do this like it is done at Bonneville and every other dang speed venue on the planet.

What this all means is there will be two new records available for the "Baron" to set this year at El Mirage !

350 MPS-PBG which requires a speed of 120 mph to establish and 350 M-PBG which requires a speed of 107 mph
The bikes has already exceeded these speeds at El Mirage, but I have to rerun them when in the proper class paperwork wise

The Baron is first going for the 350 APS-PBG record that requires a 127 mph speed. This is what I've been going for these last 3 years
because I was forced into the "A" class by the El Mirage requirements... The new tail on the bike should make it possible to set this record...
Many have tried, since 1938, to get a push rod 350 to 127 mph at El Mirage but it has proved very very hard to do...I'm just stubborn enough
to keep trying till it is done (I hope)

2- The supercharged "Baron" will have a new two-tone red paint livery to compliment its large aero tail package...
It isn't quite completed, but I'll post a picture when it is finished.
AntietamClassicCycle

Re: Supercharge Morini at El Mirage in 2017

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

Very cool. My friend Mike Tiberio will be running his Moto Guzzi at SCTA events this year. Hope it's a good year for both of you!
smotorboy

Post by smotorboy »

Moto Guzzi at El Mirage
Moto Guzzi at El Mirage
Guzzi.jpg (91.39 KiB) Viewed 5370 times
Thanks for the best wishes,,,,

Is this your friend with the Moto Guzzi ??
AntietamClassicCycle

Post by AntietamClassicCycle »

I don't recognize that rider/bike. This will be my friend Mike's first go at speed trials, but he was a pro level roadracer until he retired.
smotorboy

Post by smotorboy »

We'll be glad to have him.....

Tell him to find me and say hello,,,

I'll answer any questions he might have...

Robert