Cam Belts

The 3 1/2 forum
Papa Lazarou

Re: Cam Belts

Post by Papa Lazarou »

No luck removing it. A member of a different site reckons the key is an old style, square section-which would explain my failures to date. It will require tapping into it and pulling it out. I'll try tomorrow.

On the bright side, the tedious job of lapping the flywheel is done. And a new belt is on-all three received are well within tolerances but I fitted the tightest one. The one on it-well, it was so tight I just cut it off, after quite a while trying to pull it off with metal hooks, fingers etc.
72degrees

Post by 72degrees »

Papa Lazarou wrote:No luck removing it. A member of a different site reckons the key is an old style, square section-which would explain my failures to date.
A square peg has been forced in to a round hole. so to speak? That could indeed explain the reluctance to come out.
Papa Lazarou

Post by Papa Lazarou »

72degrees wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:No luck removing it. A member of a different site reckons the key is an old style, square section-which would explain my failures to date.
A square peg has been forced in to a round hole. so to speak? That could indeed explain the reluctance to come out.
Drilling holes with a Dremel and two itsy bitsy self tappers on the cards.

But, I must go to Scotland first. It has a nice line in looming hills.