Strada back on the road again

The 3 1/2 forum
Norton

Strada back on the road again

Post by Norton »

Hi all,
Thought I'd post some pics/info on my 1974 strada, that passed it's MOT today (though I "lost" my rear reflector on the way).

I got the bike when I was 17 as it qualified as under 33bhp. It had been stood for 8 years and the bearings promptly collapsed meaning I had to rebuild the engine. I then rode it for a couple of years - crashed several times (I was young and foolish), got knocked off once and made it to Belgium and back with an oil trail to follow home.

The oil trail was caused I believe due to a failed ring on the front pot. I then moved out from parents, rode the bike to my new house and left it parked outside for a couple of years. I decided to rebuild and as I had no garage at the time it ended up in bits in my living room for a couple more years. I rebuilt most of it in the living room then moved house, finally got round to sorting it last week and Mot'd today.

During the rebuild I have had:
- Stainless rims and spokes
- Big bore kit
- E type cam (rare, been so long since I rode it not sure what difference it's made)
- Lightened and balanced primary gears and clutch.
- Rewired with led indicators and rear light.
- Custom stainless exhaust system.
- Hagon shocks
- And more stuff I can't remember but have receipts for.

The bike seems to run well, think the carbs need balancing and probably plenty of other fettling to do.

Here's a couple of pics. If anyone's interested I have pics from during the strip and rebuild.
Norton

Re: Strada back on the road again

Post by Norton »

OK I can't seem to load the photos off my phone, do I have to use a computer or link them through another website?
Papa Lazarou

Post by Papa Lazarou »

Try Photobucket
Norton

Post by Norton »

Try this link for the pics on imgbb.

https://ibb.co/cMGt3Q
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Nice! Looks far more recent than a 1974 bike has any right to look... It'd probably be sold as a commuter bike in to-days market - if only they could still be made!

Good riding,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"
Norton

Post by Norton »

Thanks. Now I've got the hang of the kick start procedure again I could use it as a commuter, don't think the neighbours would appreciate it at 5:30 am though. Sounds great though