Stator removal

The 3 1/2 forum
Lewes96

Stator removal

Post by Lewes96 »

I need to get the stator re-wound as it is fried (battery connected in reverse!) so need to get the flywheel off. Blue book says tools 006 and 007. Any ideas where to get hold of?
Steve Brown

Re: Stator removal

Post by Steve Brown »

If you're in UK then NLM is the quickest way to get the tools and parts you need. If you're in EU it maight still be them!
All donations to the rest home for old Camels, Leicestershire.
Ming

Post by Ming »

The flywheel extractor is the same as many scooters, try ebay (a search in previous posts gives the size, or look in Paul Compton's (EVGuru) YouTube posts.
The flywheel holder can be made up from a couple of lengths of steel strip, a couple of bolts and nuts to fit in the flywheel holes and a suitable length of wood for some leverage.
If you've not done it before, I would recommend Paul's belt-change videos.
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

Ming wrote:If you've not done it before, I would recommend Paul's belt-change videos.
Ta-daaa! http://www.realclassic.co.uk/techfiles/ ... video.html
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
Lewes96

Post by Lewes96 »

Thanks for the tips and video
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

When you put it back on take care that the main wiring feed is routed through the little clip on the upper left hand side of the stator as squarely as possible as it's not unknown for them to rub through otherwise.And make certain that the extractor tool is screwed all the way in before attempting to pull off the rotor.