Tarozzi rearset problem

The 3 1/2 forum
MoriniMike

Tarozzi rearset problem

Post by MoriniMike »

So i have tha same problem most others have.
When kicking over the starter the pedal makes contact with the gearshift pedal.
I have the full tarozzi set with the extended kick start pawl.
what is possible to make the kickstart not hit the rear brake pedal.
pictures off other bike preferred .

thanks
Mike
mgelder

Re: Tarozzi rearset problem

Post by mgelder »

Haven't got a photo handy, but I trimmed about half the length off the brake pedal toe bit.

This has two advantages; 1) the kick start no longer hits it, and 2) when I inevitably forget and go to change gear with the brake pedal, it feels different to the gearlever when my toe contacts the pedal.
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I had the same problem when I replaced the broken Tarozzi brake pedal with a new replacement. It had me scratching my head for a while, as with the kickstart extender block there had previously been enough clearance.

I couldn't work out how I'd got the fixing wrong, and finally I realised that the rubber peg on the new lever is about 1cm longer than the old one. So I replaced the new peg with the old one and normal business is resumed.
"I'll have a V please, Bob."
mgelder

Post by mgelder »

Finally made it out to the shed.

Stumpy the Brake Pedal:

Fits with millimetres to spare:

There are kickstart extensions and there are kickstart extensions, though, so it'd be worth measuring before cutting.
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
pedro

Post by pedro »

I have got over the problem with a lever that lifts up out of harms way rather than having a short brake pedal.
I can't claim that it's my idea, because it's not, I got it from an old ATG (I think) it's been on there some years now and works a treat.

mgelder

Post by mgelder »

Clever!
Al B

Post by Al B »

A while ago someone (sorry can't recall who) described their use of a small folding footrest from an off road(?) bike so that the footpeg AND lever both flipped up to vertical
norbert

Post by norbert »

If you can get a k2 kicker the problem is gone :wink: They are made of steel, so you can heat them up and bend them as you like.
The one up-right is a bended K2 kicker
Attachments
k-IM000839.jpg
k-IM000839.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 7124 times
norbert

Post by norbert »

If you can get a k2 kicker the problem is gone :wink: They are made of steel, so you can heat them up and bend them as you like.
The one up-right is a bended K2 kicker
k-IM000839.jpg
k-IM000839.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 7124 times