Hello

The 3 1/2 forum
Tim Louth

Hello

Post by Tim Louth »

Hi all, just joined the site so hello to you all. I have just inherited a 1982 3.5 to restore. The owner was a friend who sadly passed away. My entire Italian experience was a Gilera Trials in 1976 so any help will be gratefully recieved.
mgelder

Re: Hello

Post by mgelder »

Welcome aboard, and good luck.

Most things seem to be fiaxable and once running right, Morinis seem to stay running right.

Cheers,

M
Morini stuff on RealClassic.co.uk: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/profiles.html#morini
3potjohn

Post by 3potjohn »

Hi I have a 1983 Sport so pretty similar.There's some excellent youtube videos to help you with the cambelt,clutch and starter motor for instance.What is the state of the petrol tank,mine had some pinholes. You can rebuild the carbs using kits from Eurocarb. Any wiring should you need it can be obtained from Vehicle Wiring Products and I'd recommend a proper connector crimp tool. NLM will help with other bits.
Anyhow, the sky must surely be nearly empty by now so you can look forward to some good riding in the summer. John
Tim Louth

Post by Tim Louth »

I bought a manual and parts book from NLM. My model 3.5 doesn't appear to feature too much in there on initial glance. Need to have a proper read through but I noticed that the seat and some bodywork is not in there.
My tank is pretty rough too. Haven't had a chance to look too deeply at the bike yet but will start stripping it down next week, hopefully.
corsaro chris

Post by corsaro chris »

Hi Tim - and hello to you too...

If you need help get along to the MRC Cadwell Track Day in July (details elsewhere on this forum) - as it's also the AGM that Saturday you could also visit that if you have any burning questions. Again, details on the Forum. Oh, you could also join the MRC - 5% discount on parts from NLM in Leicester, who supply just about everything you'll need for the machine...

Good luck,

CC
"I'll use the Morini"